“Great Location!”

Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The rooms could use some updating but they were clean and comfortable. The pool area is huge and the kids had a blast! A complimentary breakfast would have made this stay complete and to make the value much higher. It is always nice to stay with such a friendly staff!! :)

• Stayed: March 2013
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Mikeandwife91,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Good or bad, I like to hear what our guest think and learn about thier experience with us. I am pleased to hear your meeting went well and you found the staff, rooms and food to be great. I hope you consider us on your next meeting and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We held a company meeting here that had people coming from out of state to join us. Meeting facilities was great, food was good and the staff was extremely helpful when I set it up. Rooms are what you would expect at a Holiday Inn, no problems at all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Crazymugal,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind words and am happy you found your stay to be pleasant. We strive to have the best customer service possible and hope our guest have a great experience because of it. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just needed a convenient bed to sleep for 1 night on a long drive to Indianapolis. Although I checked in late and out early, the front desk clerk was very friendly and cordial. The hotel is dated, but there seemed to be lots of renovations going on. The room was spacious and had a mini-fridge and microwave. The location is very convenient to the interstate, gas station, Tim Hortons, etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear crazymugal,

Thank you for your kind comments. It is our goal that your stay with us is a great experience. We strive to have exceptional customer service. I am happy you found our location convenient as you traveled. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to serve you again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked one night at this hotel on Expedia on a special rate and did not find out the hotel name until after booking. It was a last minute trip and I just needed a place to sleep after a late flight before heading onward the next morning. I found out it was this property and based on the reviews here was not exactly looking forward to my stay.

OK, so it's a run-of-the-mill Holiday Inn in a smaller city. These are not exactly Ritz-Carlton properties here, folks. My experience is that this met my expectations in a couple of areas and exceeded them in others. The room was clean and of a fairly new standard (perhaps it's a remodeled room?). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean but basic. It appeared to have been refreshed to some degree. That met my expectation for what a property of this star level should provide; clean, basic rooms with a few extras like a coffeemaker and a refrigerator.

If the rooms met my expectations, the staff exceeded them. Tony, the front desk clerk on duty when I arrived, was super nice and repeatedly apologetic about being stuck on the phone (I could tell it was a difficult guest request he was trying to solve). He made sure to orient me to the amenities in the hotel.

They do serve an honest good breakfast here too.

I debated between a 3 and 4 rating here - it's truly somewhere in between. I decided that based on my own experience and the efforts of the staff (namely Tony) it warrants a 4. From a star ranking I'd stay it's 2.5, maybe 3.

I get the sense that in the midst of a renovation, they're doing their best to provide good service. What impresses me in particular is the comments here from the general manager. Clearly they are reading this feedback and attempting to fix the shortcomings.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear SFO-World-Traveler,

Thank you for your comments. We take all guest comments serious whether they are possitive or negative. I am happy you found our staff (Tony) to be friendly and helpful. We strive to provide the best customer service. We are in the the begining stages of a renovation. We hope to maintain the best service possilble throughout the process with as little disruption as possible. Thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to comment about our hotel.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Nothing terribly positive OR negative to say. The hotel was clearly an older Holiday Inn. The location is very good for the airport, not so good for downtown. The room was adequate. The heater was a wall-mounted unit that was a bit loud at night. The pool was quite large, but a bit chilly. Kids liked it fine. No hot tub. Several restaurants in immediate vicinity. Airport shuttle (which I didn't use). The staff was helpful and friendly. I have stayed in many places worse than this, but also in plenty of better places...hence the average rating. I would stay again at the right price, but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Flying Auditor,

Thank you for taking time to fill out a survey. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and ammentities to our guest. Though you didn't have a bad experience I wish you would have had as great experience. I hope we have the chance to serve you again and can make your stay with us exceptional. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I travel on business a lot and sometimes when I book a hotel I forget that I have been there before. Most of the time it is little things like local landmarks or the restaurant and bar that remind you when you get there. With this hotel it was just about everything as it appears that nothing has been done to the place for at least the last 5 to 7 years. They have posters up that say they are in process but I did not see any signs of activity while I was there. The rooms are basic, decades old HI style rooms with loud heating systems that don't really do anything but drown out the TV. Lets face it, other hotels of this age have at least gone to thermostats mounted to the wall and away from the unit so that it does not turn on and off every few minutes due to the cold air coming in from the leaky outside seals on the unit. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. The lounge chair was old school as was the desk chair which sits so low to the desktop that I had to pull the cushion from the lounge chair and put it on it to be able to work at my computer. The hallways have a feel of an institution with old fluorescent fixtures with wires (maybe that is where the wireless routers are stored) hanging down inside them.

The restaurant and bar have not changed either, but that is not all bad. The bar actually has some character that is missing in many new hotels. The people that work there are very friendly and the food I had was pretty good.

Room Tip: Probably would suggest odd numbered rooms as they don't face I-70 and are likely quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear David J.

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry you found your stay with us less than great. We take pride in our service and the product we offer to our guest. You will be glad to know that we are in the midst of some capital improvements which will include the roof, hallways and guest rooms. We just finished the pool and will be doing the business center next. I am glad you found the service and food good. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We'd been driving and stopped there after driving by some really nasty place close by. They were very friendly, the room was clean, the beds were great and i really have no complaints. Wasn't crazy about the sausage patties for breakfast but can't win them all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary T

Dear Mary T.

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We take all reviews including the good ones to heart. I am please to read your check in was good and your guest room was comfortable. We are working on some capital improvements which include the hallways, roof and guest rooms. Thank you again for your comments.

Holliday Inn NW

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
TownePlace Suites Dayton North

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!