Stayed here on a layover for company travel. Got in late at night so didn't realize how dirty the room was until the next morning.
Went to make some room coffee and discovered an old, dried up coffee filter in the back of the unit where you normally add water. I had to rinse the coffee maker under the tub spigot to clean it. Then I ran a few cups of water through the unit to clean it out.
The carpet was not vacuumed and somebody left a large toenail near the entrance to the bathroom. Yuck.
The bathroom faucet was not clean nor was the countertop. The tiles in the tub were collapsing into the wall and appeared to let water in. The tub faucet itself let out a squeal when I turned the cold water on. Had to play around with it to eliminate the noise.
The hallway carpets are dirty and lots of the crown moulding is missing with wires exposed. You'll feel like your in a penitentiary rather than a hotel.
The building ventilation system conveniently delivers smoke from the smoking rooms to the non-smoking rooms (as explained by hotel personnel). My coworkers reported this as well.
The nightstand next to my bed also had a layer of dust on it.
In a nutshell this hotel is old, dirty and disgusting. I don't mind old as long as it is clean. This place isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to flight inventors, Wilbur & Orville Wright, discover the Birthplace of Aviation in a city where you will find much to explore! The sky is the limit at the National Aviation Hall of Fame, honoring innovators of flight. Take a history lesson at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the oldest & largest military aviation museum in the world. View contemporary art exhibitions at the Dayton Visual Arts Center or stroll through the Dayton Art Institute for an assortment of collections & special exhibits. Other great things to do & see while in Dayton include The Schuster Performing Arts Center, the crown jewel for performing arts, The Greene shopping outside mall & the Dayton Dragons to enjoy Americas favorite past time. Wait--there is more to your visit to Dayton a great place to stay at the Clarion Inn - Dayton Airport! The Clarion Inn - Dayton Airport Englewood sits near the Cross Roads of America. Getting here is easy by land or air with Dayton International Airport (DAY) only 3 miles from the hotel & I-70 & I-75. Located in the northern suburb of Englewood our Clarion Inn is only minutes away from downtown Dayton; also conveniently located to other regional metro centers of Cincinnati, Columbus & Indianapolis. We look forward to seeing you at the Clarion Inn Dayton Airport Englewood! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Clarion Inn Dayton Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Dayton Northwest Hotel Englewood
- Holiday Inn Englewood
- Englewood Holiday Inn
- Clarion Inn Dayton Airport Englewood, Ohio