“Terrible. Not at all what you expect from Holiday Inn”

Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
San Francisco, California
“Terrible. Not at all what you expect from Holiday Inn”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed here when my flight out of Dayton airport was cancelled. I often pick Holiday Inn for budget travel, but this stay will make me rethink that. Room was smelly and dirty. These rooms really need an overhaul. My curtains were ripped but taped over with scotch tape !
Lots of noise from the freeway. This also seems to be a popular place for people to hang out so there was a lot of loud noise. Even though I was on the 4th floor I had loud people talking outside my window for a couple of hours.
Internet is free, but every ten minutes or so I got kicked out and had to log in again.
I woke up at night from the terrible smell in the room.
But the worst part was the check out. I had to leave at 5.30am to the airport. Check out took ten minutes ! The women just went back and forth between the back room and the front desk not explaining anything. When I asked after ten minutes "how the bill was coming along" she got very snippy it at me.
This hotel should really be kicked out of the Holiday Inn chain.

Room Tip: Definitely don't pick level 1 rooms. It is actually the basement
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Gerbrand C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My stay at this hotel was interrupted by a smoke detector thsat went off intermittently beginning at 5:15 AM, and a heating unit that could not be regulated, so the room became unbearably warm. The front desk clerk, when informed, rolled her eyes, and did not attempt to resolve the issues.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Cindy0925

Travelers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I read Travel Advisor's up and down reviews of this hotel and decided to stay anyway since it is medium priced and said to be under new management/ownership. Stayed Dec 27th. Outside of hotel is not really inviting. Dead summer planters etc by front door, yet once inside it was spruced up for Christmas with lovely trees etc. The staff were so friendly and honest. The restaurant at the hotel was empty when my friends and I had dinner altho the bar next to it was hopping. Really good BBQ pork special with baked potatoe, salad and drinks. Delicious! The room wasn't new, but it was clean. One of my friend's is a cleaning lady and she wasn't feeling inclined to whip out any Lysol, so I felt good about it. Everything was in working order and the shuttle bus and driver were on time and helpful/polite. I'd do it again.

Room Tip: I was on the side opporsite the freeway. Troubled sleepers might ask for it. I slept well, but I do...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelingQuaker
Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2011

On my travels i stopped in at this hotel to take a break from the long trip.the staff was so friendly, such a nice welcome.and it took no time at all to get into my room.once in the room it was very clean and cozy.I love the fact that they have a restaurant in the hotel i was on the road for 9 hours and did not feel like getting back in my car to go and find a place to eat,the food was very good and it didn`t cost me an arm and leg.i would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.i would love to say thanks to all the staff for making my stay so wonderful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rhonda g
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The hotel is very near to the express way easy to find , bar and restaurant is on the property, friendly staff and 24hrs shuttle service, The room was clean and had flat screen tv. Was on the second floor used the bar which is open 2:30 in the morning,

Room Tip: with kids take the room on 1st floor close to pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank smartguy687
meinohio50364, Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
We are very pleased that you were pleased with us! We do try to provide the best service and cleanliness that you, the discerning traveler, have come to expect. It's encouraging for us to hear from guest's such as yourself that we are moving things in the right direction. Come back soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Its a nice place to stay excellent bar attenders, front desk and housekeepers very friendly, but ran into a rude and unprofessional shuttle bus driver cigarette on one ear and snapping his fingers to get us loaded. guest of the hotel need treated fare. wanted to write a bad review but rest of the staff were good. The van was dirty inside and out coffee cups and all kind of trash in the van looked like van not washed for months.have pictures in my phone will upload later.I will come back and stay again due to location not ride the shuttle again if its the same driver.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank geogre1212
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of our staff and your noting the hospitality that we strive to offer is truly appreciated. Please know that your comments as to the one issue that you had will certainly be addressed. See you again soon!
New Madison
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Just stay one night at this Hotel and you can park your vehicle there for up to 7 days at no cost. Each day after is $3 per day. The room we had was pleasant and comfortable. And we made enough time to enjoy a really great meal their Restaurant. We were able to use the Hotel's Shuttle Service to the Airport in plenty of time for your flight. There was no charge for that either. All the Employees were friendly and helpful, which helped to have a "Stress Free" start to the beginning of our vacation. Thanks Holiday Inn, we'll be back!!

Room Tip: Families with kids who like to swim - 1st floor is good
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rhonda E
meinohio50364, Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for your response! We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel and providing our guests with the best overall experience in Northwest Dayton. Our hotel shuttle and ample parking provides an excellent service to our guests that are flying out of Dayton International Airport. We are very pleased that you were able to take advantage of this program and had such a great experience. See you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!