“Filthy - run away!”

Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I checked into one room and requested a change. The bedspread had multiple yellow stains, the furniture and floor were stained and dirty. The second room had fewer stains and the bedspread was a little cleaner, but I took it off of the bed anyway. I was too exhausted to change hotels. The carpet was still stained in the new room, as was the carpet in every hallway I walked through. The next morning I took a shower and looked under the sink and saw dirt and a layer of mold on the floor under the sink at least a foot wide from the wall. The shower grout was dirty. I did check for bedbugs and didn't see evidence of any, but this hotel looks like the owners bought it with the thought that they would rent rooms until they ran it into the ground and then let it go to creditors.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ColoradoHappyhiker

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Obsolete and smelly. There is a Super 8 Motel next door that is better and a Hampton Inn just down the street. I recommend anybody staying at this Holiday Inn. I will never return

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Gerbuddy
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Not good. Woke up with bites all over body. Very dirty.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank egotz2fly
Reviewed February 12, 2011

This hotel service was wonderful. I stayed here for a month complements of my company, and everything was beyond my expectations. As soon as i walked into my room, it was very clean and neat as a pin. Room service cleaned EVERY day. The lounge area is a great place to just sit and relax (and huge!), there's a pool table, and give away prizes on the weekends. The staff was beyond incredible, super friendly and polite, from the guys driving the shuttle bus, right down to the bartenders and cleaning women. (The food is amazing too!). I honestly dont have one negative thing to say about this place! Believe me I will definitely come again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here because we were part of a wedding party that stayed here in Dayton. The staff was friendly, and quick to check us in- and then it all went down hill from there. We requested a pet friendly room- for our 6 year old small dog. We were given a room in the basement. The whole floor had a musky smell to it. Upon entering the room- we were instantly hit with the smell of urine. It was obvious upon first glance that the room had not even been vacuumed. There were hairs on floor, urine stains, and a DRIED PIECE OF FECES! Upon closer inspection, we found hairs on the sheets and comforters, a blood stain on the sheets, mold on the shower curtain liner, peeling caulking, and stains on the ceiling. The wallpaper was peeling in places. I was disgusted. We immediately requested another room, but were told there were no other pet friendly rooms available. Our friends who also stayed in the hotel had no complaints- so it may have just been a fluke but we will NEVER EVER be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rhinojoe2014
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Ok, the hotel had an updated facelift, but it showed. New coats of paint that showed everywhere. Kind of dirty in the hallways. The food sucked at the grill. My "steak" could have been a grilled hamburger. The breakfast was a overpriced Eggo Waffle. Probably look for another place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MrGreenthumb
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Spent two nites in this very run down,dirty hotel. Room was not cleaned(housekeeping did not make beds, change towels,vaccuum,restock room, etc)after our first nite. When we returned for the evening and found this mess- person at desk did not have time to investigate or correct the problem-busy with check ins and other important things. Had to call desk at 1:30am to have someone come and quiet the foul mouthed drunk in the hallway. Breakfast took 40 minutes to be served(even though the restarunt was empty except for the 4 of us). Physical inspection of the room-run down,dirty carpet. Bathrrom was small-cracked tiles and holes in grout(that also looked dirty) Floor grout dirty-wall paper pulling away at floor level. Ceiling appeared moldy. Vent fan dust/grime covered even though there was no longer a switch to turn it on. The staff on duty not concerned or able to correct the problem The only good thing about the stay was the single cup coffee maker and coffee. NEVER AGAIN AT A HOLIDAY INN !!! and we will tell all of our friends here and in Ohio.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank meme789456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
TownePlace Suites Dayton North

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!