“Nice Place”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Utica, Michigan
“Nice Place”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were in Elyria, OH for one night while we visited the Holy Love Ministries nearby. The hotel was quiet, clean, well maintained. The free breakfast was delicious. Scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, plenty of food choices. Our bed was comfortable and we slept well. The room had a fridge and microwave and other amenities. This was the last stop for us on our Seaway Trail tour, Lake Ontario Parkway and Lake Erie Circle Tour. We were glad we chose the Quality Inn as our last stop. We were in six different hotels and were happy to learn that small town Elyria had such a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Espee03, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks for your positive response and see you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
South Haven, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

An average place that was good for a one night stay while traveling.

Easy check in, friendly person at the counter. Used a coupon, and no problem with that.

Parking was fine. Room was clean. Not real modern, an older looking place, but everything worked, bed was comfortable, internet was fine, so was TV.

Breakfast was ok, not great.

This location has at least one wing of smoking rooms. While there are doors on the hallways, you can still smell the smoke. I didn't notice in the room, but certainly in the hallway.

Lastly, another place with the small pillows....really don't like them

Room Tip: no elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Espee03, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We appreciate the good review also, we will work on the smell of the cigerette smoke in the hallways. We thank you for your positive feedback and sorry for any inconveniences.
Housatonic, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The inn is clean and modern, room was comfortable and quite. Tv looked new and worked great. The internet was fast and easy to connect to. Bed was comfortable , shower was great it even had and adjustable shower head! The breakfast in the morning was hot and tasty! The parking lot had lots of room, even with a trailer.
Access from the interstate is not the best, but for the value you get it is worth a stop!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael B
Espee03, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank-You. We appreicate the positive feedback and your good review.
Rainier, Oregon
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This review would have been "average", or maybe "poor", based on the "non-smoking" room that reeked of cigarette smoke (others have registered the same complaint), the malfunctioning toilet and the generally dingy appearance of the room and the motel in general. The room had been prepaid using a bank card rewards points. But when we checked out, there was a $64.65 charge to the AmEx card that had been processed the night before for "additional charges". Showing the front desk clerk the paperwork to show it was prepaid made no difference. She refused to remove the charge, saying it was Choice Hotels policy. An e-mail to Sam Pandya, the manager, got no response. I have written to Choice's CEO, and expect some sort of response, but not yet. Clearly this motel is run by people who just don't care. As someone else suggested, they should be dropped from the Choice Hotels roster. Will not recommend this motel, and will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Elyria hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For starters, the hotel is difficult to get to from I-90, if it wasn't for my GPS i probably would not have been able to find it. The hotel itself reeked of cigarette smoke, and the upstairs hallways smelt of marijuana. As frustrating as smell was, it's not a deal breaker.

Bed bugs on the other hand.....are.

Upon doing a routine sweep for bedbugs, we found a dead insect in the sheets of the bed. When we informed the front desk, they seemed more perplexed by the fact that the insects had made it upstairs somehow, and not that they had a problem to begin with. This lead me to believe that they know that they have a problem, but have not done anything about it yet.

Regardless, they gave us a new room. Did the sweep again, found irregular black spots on the trim of the mattresses, but no other signs of insects.....until prior to going to bed when we saw one crawling across the headboard.

That was the deal breaker. We packed up and left immediately and booked a hotel elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. You'll have a better night sleeping in your car. Probably a more hygienic on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colin A
Lilburn, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hanging from the ceiling smoke detector, broken security lock on door, broken patched up bath tub!
room 109 should not be rented...health dept and fire dept have been made aware of problems.
I called priceline the following day to complain and was promised a phone call within 5 days....still waiting.
Sent email to the hotel manager= no response.
I will get a refund one way or another!
Will complain to health and fire department etc
Boy they are messing with the wrong guy...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pascal v
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a top ‘quality’ Quality Inn, no issues. Clean, quiet, with a big lot (but I wouldn’t call it ‘big rig’ parking). Another after midnight check in, meaning a late check out. Sign said breakfast until 9:30 but I was advised it was usually available until later, but it wasn’t. So I missed breakfast on one of the few days I was around late enough to eat it. Looked like it was a full layout.

*** usually I post my write-ups within a couple of days of my visit. This one is being posted a month later because I wanted to see how the billing issue was resolved before posting. I knew there might be an issue when I checked it, things just didn’t seem to go correctly. I had hoped it was resolved the next morning, but I watched my credit card to be sure.

There did end up to be an error, so first I emailed a reply to the address that my invoice was emailed from. No reply (ever), I did this twice before I started calling. I was told that the person I needed to talk to was not in when I called … and was not in when they said I should call back. So a month, two emails and three phone calls later I am no longer a happy camper. If things had not get moving on my fourth call I was ready to call corporate and my voice may have gotten that point across as after first giving me the ‘the person who handles that is not here …’ run-around, they decided to ask me some questions and we found out that I would need to contact the billing company to find out why I was double billed, the motel said they had done things correct.

I did email the billing company and within a couple of hours I received a reply that my account would be credited. So after all of this it was not the motel’s issue … but to find this out a month later, I had to contact a whole bunch of people at the motel who were not interested in helping. ***

As I am ready to post this, I read the other reviews and it looks like I may have given this location it’s first 4 STARS … until the billing issue.

I apologize to those I dealt with in person, but you are outnumbered by those I talked to on the phone and the person who ever answers their emails (at least not in the 1st month after receiving them)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Best Western Inn
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
Days Inn Amherst
Days Inn Amherst
#1 of 2 in Amherst

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!