“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here for one night. It was right off the highway but the outside was not impressive. Inside was above average. Very clean and hospitable. Our room was average but very clean and comfortable. The desk clerk was very nice and informative when we asked where we can go for dinner. She gave us a paper with names of the restaurants in the surrounding area. There was a refrigerator and a microwave oven in the room. There were many people staying that night but we felt like we were the only ones there. Very quiet. The continental breakfast was very good and filling. We would stay here again.

1 Thank livinglifeover50
Sue R, Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We try to provide the guest with the information they ask for. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Naperville, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent hotel. I stay here when I am in the area because the staff is friendly, and they remember me. The rooms are comfortable with a refrigerator, and microwave. The breakfast is always first class. The property is continuously upgrading. Sue, Naya, and Laura Lin are excellent

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Sue R, Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I also want to thank you for recognizing the employees by name. They are happy when people acknowledge them. We look forward to having you again as our guest.
Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The motel is located between I90 and I80, which is good. It is on Ohio 57 which has extremely limited places to make a left turn, which isn’t good.
It does not look great from the outside and the public spaces are just a bit better than okay. Our room, however, was fine. We had a king bed and there was plenty of room around it. There are sufficient outlets—we did not have to unplug lights to plug in my husband’s CPAP machine! The carpet seemed clean as did the rest of the room.
Breakfast was a fairly wide variety of items—several hot.

Sue R, Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for the review. I agree it can be tricky getting here. The city will be making easier next year. We look forward to having you as our guest.
michigan
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The rooms had been recently renovated and despite some negative reviews the overall experience was quite positive for us. The hotel was conveniently located and there were several dinning options and there were numerous shopping areas available

Sue R, Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Aptos
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I should have read some of the reviews before making a reservation here. Although we were given a non-smoking room, the motel smelled strongly of stale smoke. The woman (possibly an employee) smoking outside the entrance when we arrived at about 9:30 pm and when we left at about 8:30 am did not make a favorable impression either The room did not look or smell clean and the motel's décor was very much out of date. Best Western should be embarrassed to put its name on this property. I couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, stay in a motel/hotel which is entirely non-smoking. a
Sue R, Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
I am sorry you will not stay here again. We have six smoking rooms out of 56 rooms. I am sorry if the smoke smell was over powering.

Travelers are raving about these Elyria hotels

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel was clean and decent. My biggest complaint was breakfast. There was no room to sit. At any given time people were standing. Saturday morning we had to wait for service until the day shift server was "on duty" at 8:00. We know it was 8:00 because she made a point to let us all know (as she put her morning paper away) that she didn't go on duty until 8:00. Then Sunday morning (same server) there was little food because the server let her kids (not paying customers) eat the food!! Yes, her man and kids visited with her in the kitchen while her kids devoured OUR complimentary breakfast. Talk about employee benefits. It was the rudest thing I've ever seen. This place needs a serious evaluation of their employees and management!

• Stayed September 2013
Sue R, General Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The issue with the kids in breakfast area has been addressed. I am very sorry. We recently expanded the breakfast bar and we are waiting for our new furniture to arrive. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

I appreciate your feed back since I can't be here all the time.
Holland, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Old coffee in the coffee maker,hair in the sink and a soiled bath towel make this hotel a questionable choice.There are other better choices in Elyria New York,I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites on a previous trip and was totally satisfied with that hotel.A mall is conveniently located very close to the hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sue R, Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I am very sorry your room was not cleaned well. This is unacceptable and the housekeeper was addressed. I am sorry you will not be a guest here anymore.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
The Hotel at Oberlin
The Hotel at Oberlin
#1 of 2 in Oberlin

Been to Best Western Inn? Share your experiences!