“Not bad for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Constantine, Michigan
“Not bad for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

I think when people write reviews they hold everyone to the same standard. This isn't fair. Tis is not a luxury hotel but for $69 it was a good deal. The pool is so so but the free breakfast was good -gravy biscuits, eggs, donuts, cereal, bagels, yogurt... What I'm real happy with was the fact that my daughter forgot her coat there and realized it about an hour down the road. I called them and they were very helpful, pleasant and are sending me the coat!! If your just looking for a place to stay and want a quick breakfast to get in the road, you could do much worse.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Needed a place to stay fairly close to Oberlin and this is under 10 miles from there. I got an excellent rate through Orbitz and found the room clean, fresh, appealing, and very comfortable. Plenty of outlets for my computer work, fridge and micro in the room. I stayed in room 102 and perhaps from the negative reviews I've read about this hotel, maybe you should request this room! It was lovely and the price for it wonderful! The outside may make you nervous but the inside (my room) was delightful!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

There are so many other hotels in the area, choose one of them! The front door to our room was wide open when we walked down the hall. We were told housekeeping was airing out the room. It did in fact smell like smoke. Very outdated. I've stayed in motels/ hotels all over the country, and this Best Western just gave me a bad feeling.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bestwesternelyria, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We take our reviews very seriously.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The maintenance staff have checked all rooms and confirmed that they are up-to-date in all respects.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose us for your stay and you can experience the change.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Elyria hotels

DeKalb, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

Heading west on I-90 west of Cleveland on a Monday night, my wife and I had taken two exits and had been unable to find a room at three different high-end motels. We got off at a third exit (#145 onto Loraine Blvd.) and found this Best Western. Inexpensive, very nice room, pleasant desk help. Excellent stay. The problem was finding it. You can see the sign from afar, but can easily miss the ramp off of south-bound Lorain (it is comes very quickly after getting off I-90). Be sure you take the southbound exit from I-90 (it's called exit 145A, whether you are going east or west on I-90), and then be ready immediately to take the ramp to the right off of Lorain onto Griswold Rd. We missed this ramp and ended up driving in circles for quite a while (Lorain is multi-lane and divided, so it's hard to turn around and get back to Griswold). I mentioned to the desk clerk that they were hard to find, and another customer who'd just come in immediately agreed. But it was worth it once we found it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Around $110 for a single night's stay. The curtains won't close and there is a street lamp directly outside of the window. Tv remote is slightly confusing. The sink is outside of the bathroom.. Haven't had the breakfast yet but hoping that it will be better than the room!

• Stayed August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
bestwesternelyria, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed about the problem you experienced with the non-closing curtains in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the repair of the problem.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Very nice room, great breakfast. Difficult to find and know where to turn. Could use some directional signs.

• Stayed May 2011
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Our arrival at this hotel was not auspicious. We got in late and were greeted by a sign saying that the doors were locked after 10 p.m. We had to talk to the desk clerk through a glass window, passing my husband's ID and my credit card back and forth. Finally, formalities completed, she met us at the door with one small bottle of water and one granola bar. We were not allowed to enter through that door, however; we had to move the car and take the suitcases upstairs using another door (there is no elevator). The hallway in the nonsmoking wing smelt of smoke. Once inside the room it was less, and the room was fairly pleasant and clean. There was a microwave, a fridge, and a large flatscreen TV. The bed was comfortable and the heat was easy to adjust. The shower was very nice indeed.

We slept well and the breakfast was adequate. If we'd had a better introduction to the place this review might be a point higher. If I do decide to stay here again, I will definitely arrive before 10:00 p.m.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
bestwesternelyria, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, we called the manager’s attention to your observation that the hallway in the nonsmoking wing of our establishment smelled of smoke. We suggested that he take action to see to it that the smoking/non-smoking rules are obeyed, since this will make it pleasanter for all of our valued guests.

I am glad that most everything seemed to go well for you during your stay and I hope that when you next visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
Comfort Inn Downtown
Comfort Inn Downtown
#19 of 38 in Cleveland
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!