“I Gave It a Shot”

New Star Asian Buffet
Ranked #86 of 110 Restaurants in Elyria
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was out and about and wanted to try something different. I saw this place off the beaten path and it looked a little lonely over there and said "under new management." I was in the mood for Asian food. The sparce amount of cars in the parking lot should have been my first signal. The receptionist/waitress was friendly and spoke very little English. The place is really big inside, disproportionate for the amount of business that is coming in, at least when I was there. The placemats on the floor were worn and shredded in spots. The carpet was marginal and looked old. The decor was typical asian decor and didn't look bad, just bland. IT was very very quiet in there, sort of like eating in a library. On to the food. The help from the kitchen seemed to be coming out frequently to tend to the buffet line. The selection was somewhat limited and the presentation wasn't all that appealing. Example: The Lo Mein noodles looked old and shriveled. I could not find any rice and had to ask. They were out of the way in some sort of odd decanters. I tried a little of everything just to see what I liked the best. I did see a heap of macaroni and cheese that looked terrible but actually tasted pretty good. Safe bet there. Anyway, this place would be an ideal spot for Restaurant Impossible to visit to give these poor folks a clue. I wasn't angry or upset, just felt a little bad for them. Average to slightly below average food. Presentation was poor. Restrooms were clean. The bill was surprisingly cheap at 8.95, I got what I paid for it seems. I didn't get sick from my visit so that was a plus.

There are newer reviews for New Star Asian Buffet