“Wow!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is brand new and it shows; everything was spotless and smelled great...like a new car. What an excellent value for the money. I felt as if we were staying in a boutique hotel. The room was also incredibly spacious and the bathroom was huge. Our only regret was that our stay was short; we'd have loved to stay in the hotel for an entire weekend getaway. The staff was friendly and helpful; couldn't have been any nicer. Our only issue was that the walls were a little thin and we were near some children who were up in the middle of the night, but that can't be helped. Overall, an excellent experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jessica N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Good morning! Thank you for that kind and unique description of our new property. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your self and hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great place! Very close to the highway and several restaurants. Comfortable beds and pillows. Very quiet, clean and brand new. Breakfast was good. Fitness room was small but very nice. Air conditioning controls were difficult to understand, but front desk was able to promptly walk us through. the issue

1  Thank celloChicago
Jessica N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hello there, I want to say I appreciate your business and thank you for the kind words about our place. We enjoy the feedback and I will be sure to pass them on to the staff. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We selected this hotel based on our pervious experience with Hampton Inns and the location. The hotel well maintained and the staff very friendly. After seven days on the road this was a relaxing and comfortable location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M

Good morning. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the new property. I am pleased to hear we were able to make you comfortable and relaxed during your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you’re looking for more than a just a bed for the night in the Elyria area, then this is the place for you. All of the staff was friendly and the house cleaning staff did a great job as we were there for 3 nights with a toddler. Our room was nice and clean. We had a king bed with a pull out sofa bed. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were just right! The hotel is next to the highway, but noise was not an issue. Others have complained about noise from other rooms and the a/c. We did not have that issue and maybe because it was our little one that was making all the noise. They seemed to have worked out their new hotel bugs because the a/c worked really well. There was a fridge & micro in the room which was nice. Even though there is not a restaurant on site they do serve hot breakfast in the mornings. If you’ve stayed at other Hilton properties you know what to expect. The hotel is next to a mall so there are plenty of restaurants close by as well as a grocery store. I used the business center and it was fully stocked which was nice. The pool was clean and there are towels to use poolside, but the hot tub was being worked on while we were there. Overall this hotel is by far the best in the area. Trust me, I used to live in the area. Again if you’re only looking for a bed then this is probably more than you need, but the price is worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They do have connecting rooms if you're traveling as a family or are with a group.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Harry_Fellow
Jessica N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

I cannot thank you enough for such kind words about our new property. It has been a long time coming but yes we are finally up and things seem to be running smoother by the day and I appreciate you noticing. I will be sure to pass all these fine compliments onto my staff and look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Love this new hotel. I have stayed in all the hotels in this area over the past few years, and this one is definitely the best. It is brand new and beautiful, with all the contemporary amenities. I look forward to returning and spending more time there.

1  Thank camelxyz

Thank you for choosing to stay at our new property. I am so glad to hear you liked it and that the modern amenities were noticed. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights while bringing my son to college. The location was conveniently close to plenty of big chain stores, which carry the items my son needed for his dorm room. The room was nicely appointed and the bedding was super comfy! Towels were nice too.

The problem was the HVAC. There were only three thermostat settings 71 or 76 or off. The unit hums too loudly for my taste and I woke up a few times having to adjust the setting, while wishing I could just open a window (on the long drive home I stayed at a Marriott Courtyard because I read online the windows do open).
The only other issue is the in room fridge. It woke me up with a high-pitched noise. I unplugged it for a few hours.

I hope Hampton corporate reads the review and considers making some fixes - switch refrigerator suppliers and consider building hotels with windows that open. I would stay here again though, especially during a time of year which wouldn't require running the AC or heat at night.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JojomomBoston
Jessica N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I want to apologize for any inconveniences. We are working diligently with our maintenance crew to find a solution to these issues to try and prevent them in the future, when it comes to the windows I will pass the message along to the builders. I hope you do come back to see us in the future when visiting the college, we would be more than happy to help. Until then take care and have a great day.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We generally love staying at Hampton Inn because we get a consistent level of quality and comfort. But I just want to say that the staff at this location are super friendly and helpful. Really liked this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Goor morning and thank you for your kind words regarding the staff here at our new location. We are happy to hear you were pleased with your stay as well. I will pass this compliment on to my staff. Hope to see you soon. Have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria
The Hotel at Oberlin
The Hotel at Oberlin
#1 of 2 in Oberlin
Holiday Inn Express Vermillion

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria? Share your experiences!