“Country Inn and Suites - Elyria” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Chicago, Illinois
“Country Inn and Suites – Elyria”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was my first time staying in a Country Inn and Suites. Since it was referred to as a suite, I expected a bit more I guess. The room did not appear to be a “suite”. Two beds, a mini fridge and a microwave. Towels were a bit on the thin side. Room lighting was dim.

In appearance, it had a pretty low budget look and feel to the place. Bed was fine. Fairly loud HVAC system. Only heard a little hallway noise during my stay.

It was adequate.

There was an Arby’s located right across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank slug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I just spend the night at the Comfort Suites in in Elyria Ohio. I stayed at this hotel about one year ago and nothing really has changed. Parking is free and on-sit. However, there is no shelter to allow for one to keep out of the rain while removing luggage from the car.
My biggest problem on this trip was the front desk personnel at the hotel. I checked in around 6:30 PM and waited at the front desk for about five minutes before five minutes before anyone appeared to check me in. After calling out for someone to help me check in, I jokingly ask the young lady if she as in the back text messaging. Sadly she confirmed that that she indeed was doing texting friends and did not hear me.
The hotel has had little if any renovation in several years. The bath room is spacious, but the shower head has not been changed in several years. The washing cloths would be better described as a “wash rag”. The sink did not drawn very well and would fill up very quickly. The bedding was pretty good and the mattress was very firm. The television in the room was the old type with a large back.
The breakfast is free, but offers very limited selections.
The bed room was very limited and did not allow much space. The sad part is that Elyria does not offer may options for hotels. But, if you plan to stay here you should not have very high expectations. I think next time I will just try another hotel.

Room Tip: Plan Extra Time for Checking In
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FLJ021251
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is a great hotel while traveling on 90. We were coming from Massachusetts go home to Illinois. This is our second stay here. We travel to Boston every year. This hotel is right off the highway, gas nearby, food across the street via an overpass on the next street. The hotel is in a older neighborhood and to get back on 90 you have to go to the overpass and thru the mall entrance. strange way but staff is very helpful with directions.
Hotel is clean and the best hotel bed so comfortable. Breakfast was great. Staff was so nice. When you have been driving for 12 hours all you want is a clean bed! ,

Room Tip: Clean comfortable beds in a quiet location.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne D
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

On road trips, we like to stay at Country Inn & Suites because the rooms are usually big. This property is right off the highway, and surrounded by shopping centers. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was large, comfortable and clean, and the breakfast was decent. If you know what to expect from this chain, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank peasant79
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is nice. It's next to a police station and a power sun-station which worried me until I got inside. Inside is decent and clean. Nice staff. Breakfast is typical with fruit, pastries, waffles and some hot foods.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Muffinhead2580
Harrison, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed at this Country Inn for one night on our way to Sandusky from NJ. Check-in was a bit long, but it went good. My family can be so picky about what type of room we're going to stay at, but they only had rooms with either 2 double beds, or a queen with a pullout. So my mom decided we pick a 2 double smoking room. Seems to me that the rooms are undergoing renovations, so we had a limited choice of rooms. We had room 319 for the night, and the room itself was clean. Because we stayed in this hotel Easter night, there weren't that many restaurants open. An Applebee's by this property was open, so my dad ordered take-out and gave us dinner for the night. Had a good night's sleep, and got up at 7:00 to continue our road trip. Bathroom was clean, however the vent on the ceiling is coming off and it didn't work. Took my hot shower, and it didn't bother me. Room was $95, reasonable, and not too expensive. Overall, this hotel is in a great location, and the staff did the best they could to make our stay enjoyable. I couldn't complain about it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zwinkie310
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were in the area for a volleyball tournament and had a group of 25 stay at this hotel. Check in was quick and easy, the room and hotel in general was very clean, beds were comfortable and the pool area was great for the 9 teenage girls we had with us. The breakfast room was very clean and there was a good variety. The staff was friendly and did a wonderful job keeping up with the coffee and fruit available 24 hours. We would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank payjax44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
BEST WESTERN Inn
BEST WESTERN Inn
#3 of 11 in Elyria
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake
DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Westlake

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria? Share your experiences!