Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elyria, OH
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Motel 9(Elyria)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswafflespool and hot tubone bedroom suitehot eggscheck in was quick and easyjob doneroom was cleanliving areavery nice staybob evansoberlin collegedriving for hourswould stay here againbetter than averagethird flooroff the highwaynice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed here to drop off my daughter for Oberlin college term and it worked our great. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Most important - the hotel staff I spoke with were very nice, helpful and positive. The cookies were good and always available. The pool temperature was perfect and open to 11 instead of 10 like many other properties. The pool towels were poor quality and almost nonexistent so take a room towel down with you! As others have stated, this property is HARD to find without knowing where you are going. It is easier from the north or east. There are quite a number of eateries and the hotel has discount coupons if you ask. We got 10% off Texas Roadhouse and were pleased. They did not do a great job of clearing snow from parking lot but it was adequate. All in all, I was pleased and will be back. Easy drive to the college

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Al S
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Most people probably use this hotel while traveling on I-90 or 80. However, there was a mall nearby as well as ample restaurants if in need of entertainment. Be aware though, if not for our GPS, it would have been very difficult to find. Check in was fine, although the fresh baked cookies this chain offers were rather old looking and cold. Also, the free coffee in the lobby was regularly empty. We loved the room though, it was very spacious and the fridge and microwave were great. Also, it was nice to have an indoor pool although we did not take advantage of this. I did not notice and cleanliness problems and would definitely recommend a stay here if passing by on the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Arrived at this location and was greeted by a friendly desk clerk. Check-in was quick and efficient and I was offered fresh, out of the oven cookies. A very good cookie by the way. The lobby was clean, neat and well lit.

I exited the elevator and began my walk down the hallway to my room. The carpet in the hall needs cleaning and can be a "turn off" before reaching the room. I arrived at my room and found 2 full size beds with heavy, warm comforters. The desk/work area was large and the chair was comfortable. A large standard television was in the room and the channel selection was good, 73 channels if memory serves me correctly. The carpet was very clean in the room.

I entered the bathroom and found it well stocked with towels and amenities. The water pressure was very good and the water hot.

My room was exceptionally clean. There was no dust or dirt to be found and everything was neat and well organized. The bed sheets were white, crisp and clean. The mattress was a little firm for my taste but did not hinder my sleep quality. I also heard very little noise throughout the night. One of the outstanding parts of this hotel was the HVAC. It quickly heated the room and was VERY QUIET. When the heat did come on it did not wake me up. This is one of the main components determining if I return to a hotel or not.

The breakfast room was clean and inviting with a fireplace and flat screen TV. The breakfast is what you would expect from a chain, good but nothing great.

Would I return, yes....Based on the cleanliness of the room and the quiet HVAC. Would I recommend....if you’re in Elyria, Ohio this is the proably the best hotel.

Total, with tax for a Tuesday night in December, 2010 was $104.39.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I booked this hotel, as I used to work for a Country Inn & Suites in CT and I knew what I was getting. The hotel it self is located right off the main highways of 80 and 90 in Ohio and was easily accessible. I had no problem finding it. I checked in just after midnight and had no issues. The room was a spacious room and looked to be a studio suite. The room was clean, however it was evident that even though it was a non-smoking room it had been smoked in. As it was late, we didn't contact The Front Desk, we just opened a few windows and dealt with it. Unfortunately a hotel can't control when people don't follow their smoking policies in their rooms, however I do think they could have done a better job trying to hide the smell of the smoke with air cleaners. It wasn't a big deal to us, however I know it can be to others.

Breakfast in the morning was a hot breakfast and was good. The staff interactions that I had were very positive. Overall it was an average stay at an average economy hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Hotel is difficult to find. Called two times for directions and got incorrect ones the first time. When we finally arrived at the hotel (approx 11pm), we had to wait for the night manager to get off his personal phone call before helping us. Probably why we got incorrect directions from him the first time.... He promised to check on the availability of a roll-away but never did. When we got to the room, we were overwhelmed by the smell of smoke (it was a non-smoking room). Called front desk and said we needed a different room. He said nothing was available. Told him it was unbearable and he came to check. Sprayed febreze everywhere, left the bottle and said that was the best he could do. Wouldn't credit the room as we had guaranteed it due to the late arrival. We were up and out by 6 am because no one could sleep. Then the hotel had the nerve to charge us a $250 "smoking" charge on top of the nightly rate. No phone call, nothing....just put the charge on our credit card.
DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! Stick with the major chains - at least you know what you are getting from them and they are easy to spot from the highway.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
CISElyria, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elyria, OH, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

I'm sorry you were disappointed in your stay - I hope we were able to resolve your issues per our conversation early this afternoon (10-27-2010). If you need to contact me to discuss this issue some more please feel free to contact me at 440-324-0099 or you may e-mail me at cx_elyr@countryinns.com.