Motel 9
$71
$59
$54
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2005

I'm afraid I'll never stay at any HoJo again. I wish I have checked reviews here before booking my room. This motel is exactly like the other reviews say: noisy, filthy and ill-kept. The sound of passing trucks indeed makes it hard to sleep. The rooms, the lobby and the exterior are indeed in desperate need of repair, better yet of tear-down. The bathroom supplies were not adequate, they obviously were refilled and reused. The towels were about half the size of what you see in other hotels. The motel still advertises free continental breakfast that is not being served anymore. Complaining to the motel keeper was no use, he would only respond "yes sir," "no sir" from behind the tiny window, while paying little attention to what was said.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank skiprof
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2005

This hotel is very dirty and unkept. Lamps and alarm clocks had frayed wiring. Bedding looked EXTREMELY dirty. When complained about room, manager did not see anything wrong and would not reimburse money for room. My daughters and I ended up sleeping in car. The bathroom wall had a hole in it and looked like it was not cleaned in several months. The continental breakfast consisted of stale cornflakes (no milk) and bad orange juice. I would not recommend anyone staying here even if it was free.

• Stayed: August 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
youngstown, ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2004

we were planning on staying at this hotel. the prices were reasonable but the picture online does not show the real aspect of this hotel. its very misleading and when we went to elyria we were very taken back by what we saw. Its very misleading and not worth the price. When we called them personally to make reservation we were given a higher price than what it says online. We wouldnt stay here...

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 10, 2004

When I called this hotel 3 days ahead of time to cancel my reservation, I was given a hard time and asked to explain my reason for cancelling before being promised that my reservation was cancelled. Even though I complied with their cancellation policy, my credit card was charged for one night's stay and when I called the hotel to dispute the charge, they denied any wrongdoing and refused to reverse the charge. Instead, they are offering me a free night for future stay at their location--I don't think so. This hotel conducts bad business. Staying here is highly UNrecommended.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member