We stayed one night at this hotel on our way to another destination. It was very easily accessible from I-90. We had a little wait for check-in, but the front desk staff were VERY friendly. Unfortunately, the room smelled like stale cigarettes. My daughter and I both have allergies and she has asthma, so sleeping in a room with third-hand smoke is not a good idea. (It's not a good idea for anyone, but especially not us.) We asked for another room, but the room they offered us smelled worse than our original room. It actually had an ashtray in it, and they said they had no others.
We should have changed hotels, but we have a four year old and we were tired, so we dealt with it. One of the employees offered to spray some air freshener. I explained that spraying chemicals on top of the cigarette smell might make it smell better, but would not be good for allergies/asthma. Luckily, we were able to open the window. There was no screen and we were on the first floor, so I didn't feel especially safe. Our room also faced the expressway and our daughter had a very difficult time getting to sleep with the sound of tractor trailors going by. The pull out sofa was in terrible condition. The arms of the sofa were literally black. When we opened it up, the mattress was ripped on the sides. There was a microwave and fridge, which were clean, and things appeared to be clean on the surface, but it was just hard to get past the other issues.
The pool is old and needs an upgrade, but it appeared to be clean. It was very cold, however, as a window at the very top of the complex was open letting the outside cold air in. A staff member indicated that it had been opened a few days prior when it was very hot and that a call had been put in for it to be closed. The next day we went back and it was still open.
We had some trouble with the internet. I called and the manager reset it, which helped a great deal. She was very friendly and even came down to our room to check the status.
The breakfast was ok. I think I was just too turned off by the room for any food to be appealing. There was a waffle maker, fruit, breads. Plenty of seating.
Upon checkout, I stated our issues to the manager. She said she was very sorry about the smell and when I told her about the black arms on the sofa and ripped mattress, she acted surprised. I asked when their next renovation was and she said 2016. I said they might want to step it up.
It was very disappointing that we were offered any sort of refund or credit. A 15% off coupon was attached to our receipt. I can guarantee I will not be using it at their hotel and have since resolved to STAY ONLY AT NONSMOKING HOTELS!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located in Northern Ohio between Ohio Turnpike I-80 and Ohio I-90. We are located between Geauga Lake and Cedar Point Amuzement Park. We are 25 minutes from downtown Cleveland which is home to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Quicken Loans Arena (home to the Cleveland Cavaliers), Progressive Field (home to the Cleveland Indians). Cleveland is also home to the Horseshoe Casino and the Cleveland Aquarium. We are also only 15 minutes from Oberlin College. While at our exit there are many sit-down style restaurants, shopping mall and movie theater. Hotel offers: indoor swimming pool, fitness room and continental breakfast. Hotel also has WiFi, 24-hr coffee station and a computer for guests use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria Hotel Elyria
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Cleveland - Elyria
- Red Roof Inn Elyria
- Elyria Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria Ohio