“A Comfortable, Dated, No-Frills Place to Sleep”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
California
“A Comfortable, Dated, No-Frills Place to Sleep”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Reception staff was very warm and accommodating. My family member exclaimed "it smells like dirty socks!!!" when we entered the room so I turned on the heater and the smell disappeared once the room got warm. The bathroom sink sits right next to the room entry door outside of the bathroom which is tiny, the door opens right onto the toilet and shower, can barely turn around in there. Bathroom was clean, but bath sundries were minimum, bathroom towels were hard and paper-thin. Kleenex was a little travel packet instead of a box. Bed was clean and comfy. Room was quiet. Breakfast was not a spread, it consisted of tons of bread and muffins, oranges or apples, four types of cereals, coffee and juice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RRIGMElyriaOH, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I have passed on your comments to the various departments here. I hope you will be able to come back soon so we can prove we are better than the review. Please contact me directly if you are coming to Elyria again, I want you to know we appreciate your business here at Red Roof Inn & Suites Elyria. Mike. G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
massahusetts
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a nice clean motel. Nothing spectacular but the staff is very friendly and helpful and the bed comfortable. Our room had a nice little desk. Free wifi and local phone calls. Easy access to highways.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for the very nice comments regarding our staff and service. I know my staff truly enjoys hearing the nice things our guests are saying. We do appreciate all our guests that stay with us here in Elyria. Thank You again!! Mike. G.M.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Staff was friendly and the rooms were clean upon arrival. This is a very basic setup and you aren't going to be staying at the Ritz. I had no problems whatsoever with the facilities or service.

Location could be better but if your looking for a bed to sleep in it doesn't weigh in heavily on your decisions.

Bed itself was clean and comfortable if not a bit stiff. Same with the pillows but I brought my own.

Continental Breakfast is free but consists of mostly cereals and a few pastries of which none looked appetizing.

Wifi worked well.
Bathrooms are tiny but manageable.

Great place to stay with pets jusy don't expect anything good amenities.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank You for taking time to review our hotel. You rated us well and I really appreciate that and will pass your comments along. I want you to know very shortly, we are improving our breakfast to offer some healthier choices which I know many travelers like yourself will enjoy. Come back and check it out soon. -Mike. G.M.
ocean city md
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof Elyria while driving from Pennsylvania to Indiana. We opted for the "suite" for the extra $10. The room was clean. The staff was very nice, especially Sharon, and I would stay here again. There was a decent spread for the continental breakfast. We didn't stay here long, but it was an acceptable place to sleep and shower. If you need to stop in Elyria, the Red Roof will meet your needs.

Room Tip: If you opt for the suite, there is a couch, second TV, refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RRIGMElyriaOH, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I know it takes time out of your day to write a review so again, "THANK YOU!" I appreciate your nice comments about Sharon. She truly is a great employee and deserves the recognition. Thank You again for staying with us. I hope you will come and see us again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We needed a room while visiting relatives earlier this month. My wife found this location through a hotel service. The room met our needs. The hotel was clean. Service was good. Breakfast in the morning was ok and our boys enjoyed the pool as much as we appreciated them running off excess energy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RRIGMElyriaOH, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Thank You for taking time to review our hotel. You rated us well and I appreciate that. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff. I do want to apologize for the noise disturbance you described. We hope you will stay with us again, and if you do please let us know if there is a problem and we will do what we can to fix it.

As you described we are right off of Rt. 80 and also Rt. 90. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping near the hotel; as well as a cinema. We hope if you are ever passing through the area you will again stop to visit us at the Elyria Red Roof Inn.

Sharon Perez
Front Office Manager
Red Roof Inn, Elyria
West Kittanning, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed here before, older and it wasn't too bad, NOW it is much older, run down, toilets in the room were like something 50 years ago, slow and messy, the shower/tub combo was very very very dirty, the dept of health may need to check this place out, and we were coming from Nashville where everything had been fine and we couldn't not wait to get the hell out of this dump, price is crazy $74 for what we got and considering we paid about $55 in Nashville with all the attractions just doesn't make sense, you folks (owneers) should realize with gas being very high that people travel at all anymore, business people stay somewhere else so you have lost that already, never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel C

Travelers are raving about these Elyria hotels

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After putting a bit over 4000 miles on the car over the past 3 weeks, I just have to compliment the Red Roof Inn franchise - and the one in Elyria, Ohio, in particular - for making it pretty easy for my husband and myself to travel around with our DOG!
In case you aren't aware of this, RRI is the ONLY motel franchise I know that not only welcomes your pet - but doesn't charge extra for this benefit.
As grandparents, we travel quite a bit up and down the east coast with Marvin (a poodle/schnauzer mix) to see kids and grands...and it is sooooo nice to find a place with NO surprises!! Yes, the bedspreads are the same print...whether you are in Milford, CT...Elyria, OH...Rockford, IL....or Lexington, KY (all last month!).
The RRI in Elyria - which happened to have suites - was by far the nicest. The staff very friendly and accomodating. The room SPOTLESS! And when my husband expressed disappointment that we would be leaving before the 6:00 a.m. breakfast was due to be put out, the lady at the front desk said she would leave a message for the morning person and VOILA! ...breakfast at 5:00 a.m.!!
It is nice to know that clean, safe, affordable lodging is out there these days if you travel with your pet!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LakeErieHotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn, Elyria... I would like to say Thank you for the lovely comment that you left for the hotel and staff. We strive to keep all of our guest happy, so yes bring your pets in with you! Thanks and hope to see you real soon. -Mike G.M. Redroof Inn, Elyria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria
Days Inn Amherst
#1 of 2 in Amherst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria? Share your experiences!