“Not a good place”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
West Kittanning, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not a good place”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed here before, older and it wasn't too bad, NOW it is much older, run down, toilets in the room were like something 50 years ago, slow and messy, the shower/tub combo was very very very dirty, the dept of health may need to check this place out, and we were coming from Nashville where everything had been fine and we couldn't not wait to get the hell out of this dump, price is crazy $74 for what we got and considering we paid about $55 in Nashville with all the attractions just doesn't make sense, you folks (owneers) should realize with gas being very high that people travel at all anymore, business people stay somewhere else so you have lost that already, never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After putting a bit over 4000 miles on the car over the past 3 weeks, I just have to compliment the Red Roof Inn franchise - and the one in Elyria, Ohio, in particular - for making it pretty easy for my husband and myself to travel around with our DOG!
In case you aren't aware of this, RRI is the ONLY motel franchise I know that not only welcomes your pet - but doesn't charge extra for this benefit.
As grandparents, we travel quite a bit up and down the east coast with Marvin (a poodle/schnauzer mix) to see kids and grands...and it is sooooo nice to find a place with NO surprises!! Yes, the bedspreads are the same print...whether you are in Milford, CT...Elyria, OH...Rockford, IL....or Lexington, KY (all last month!).
The RRI in Elyria - which happened to have suites - was by far the nicest. The staff very friendly and accomodating. The room SPOTLESS! And when my husband expressed disappointment that we would be leaving before the 6:00 a.m. breakfast was due to be put out, the lady at the front desk said she would leave a message for the morning person and VOILA! ...breakfast at 5:00 a.m.!!
It is nice to know that clean, safe, affordable lodging is out there these days if you travel with your pet!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LakeErieHotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn, Elyria... I would like to say Thank you for the lovely comment that you left for the hotel and staff. We strive to keep all of our guest happy, so yes bring your pets in with you! Thanks and hope to see you real soon. -Mike G.M. Redroof Inn, Elyria
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed for two nights for a funeral nearby. Very accommodating staff - they knew I wanted to sleep after the redeye and gave me a room far away from the commotion. Room is basic, motel style, but decent value for price. I often stay at higher end locations that have nicer rooms, but staff that is not as warm as at this hotel. Breakfast is quite basic, but it is there for you. If you are looking for basic accommodations at good value, don't overlook this. Convenient to freeways.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank Businesstravele... s
We are so pleased that we were able to give you the peace and comfort you needed. We understand that it is hard to loose a loved one. So we try our best to make this time alittle smoother for you. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn, Elyria. Hope we see again!
-Mike G.M.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was my first time staying in a redroof and let me tell you I was impressed! The staff is extremely nice. The hotel is very clean and just has a nice environment. Close to everything you can imagine! Very good experience :)

• Stayed August 2012
RRIGMElyriaOH, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
I will pass on your compliments to the staff. They always enjoy hearing the great things our guests are saying. I am so grateful you took the time to say such nice things about both the staff and the condition of the inn. Come back again when traveling through and see our latest improvements. -MIKE G.M.
New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I stayed here for two nights, went to Cedar Point one day, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the second day. This was a perfect location. I have 5 in my family, including 3 teenage boys, so we require a suite or 2 rooms when we travel, and we are on a tight budget, so it can be challenging. This place was perfect. Clean, large and extremely reasonable. Indoor pool was a plus. Breakfast was pretty bad, but if that is the trade off for keeping the rates low, I'll take it! This was our first stay at a Red Roof Inn, but now I will look for them!

Room Tip: After reading reviews on trip advisor, we specifically requested a room on the first floor. Did not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It is great to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay in Elyria. I hope you will come back and see us again. We are in the process of upgrading our breakfast too so you will be able to review us positively there as well. THANK YOU AGAIN! -MIKE G.M.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Second bad choice of the trip. They do take dogs which is a positive, but the place is dirty, smokey, and in a less than desirable location. I've stayed in worse, especialy in this area, but i would never come back here. I Would not recomend!

• Stayed August 2012
I hope you will give us another chance to show we are better than your review. We have in fact converted another wing from smoking to non smoking. We are continually trying to improve our inn and have made significant changes to both the exterior and interior. Also, we have added full cable and upgraded our WiFi throughout the entire building as well. Please stop and see us again. I know you'll enjoy it!!!

Travelers are raving about these Elyria hotels

Lima, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The room was very nice. Very clean. Comfortable beds, good air conditioner (late August stay). All in all a very nice room.

The one con: The bathroom was very small. When sitting on the toilet, your legs are in front of the door. To close the door while your in the bathroom, you have to lean behind the toilet. If your taking a shower and someone else is on the toilet, you have to wait until they are done to get out... The bathroom needs some space added to it. It was clean though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Best Western Inn
Days Inn Amherst
#1 of 2 in Amherst
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria? Share your experiences!