“Good Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 30, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2014

In order for my review to be read I have to put a star on this review. Bridget the Manager of this Ramada Inn deserves no stars!!!!!! The Worst Customer Service Award should be given to the manager Bridget of this Ramada Inn hotel!!! Bridget the manager working for Ramada Inn in Elyria this evening should be fired. Upon checking into this hotel it came to my attention that signs were posted everywhere that stated the pool was closed until 7/29/14 and if you want to leave you will be given a refund. Needless to say my kids and I were disappointed after driving all day from Wisconsin to find out there was no pool available. There was no mention on this hotels website when I made the reservation that the pool would not be open for our stay. Other reputable hotels actually inform you on their websites if their pools will be out of service during your stay. Not this Ramada Inn. Needless to say we checked in with no complaint and decided to deal with the inconvenience. We then headed to our room to find out that we were given a suite with 2 double beds. Their were 2 adults and 3 kids ages 13,11 and 9 in my party that I made sure to include on my original reservation. I called the front desk to inform them that this would not work for a party of 5 people. I was put on hold for 10 mins. Then Bridget the "Manager" came on the line and informed me she could move my party of five to a room with enough beds for an additional charge of $50.00. I informed Bridget that I was surprised and disappointed that I would have to pay more money when we are already inconvenienced with no available pool and we were put in a room that didn't fit out needs. This so called "Manager" told me that we could get a refund and leave. Also Bridget started yelling at me and told me not to yell at her. My 3 kids could hear Bridget across the hotel room from the other end of the phone yelling at me. Wow!!!! I went to the front desk and demanded a refund for this stay and for our following week stay for August 1, 2014. I informed Bridget her customer service skills suck. Also, Bridget informed me that I was the first person to complain about the inconvenience of no pool. I told Bridget I doubted this since they have signs posted everywhere at the front desk that if you are unhappy with the fact that there was no pool you could get a refund and leave. She lost the Ramada Inn money for 2 nights and future business of ours and anyone I know.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 22, 2014

1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
Best Western Inn
Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
#10 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria

Been to Days Inn & Suites Elyria? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Elyria

Address: 1825 Lorain Blvd, Elyria, OH 44035-2406 (Formerly Ramada Elyria)
Location: United States > Ohio > Elyria
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Price Range: $44 - $62 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Inn & Suites Elyria 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Elyria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Elyria Hotel Elyria