“Excellent service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastlake
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent service”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed in tis hotel from 14th Sept to 27th Sept 2013. All staff are very polite ,courtesy and services are very good. Rooms are neat and clean with WiFI and even net connection was good. Even though the break fast was little repetitive, It may be because I stayed almost 2 weeks but the food was good. Only draw back is that to go to down town one need to depend on cab which is expensive.
Rates are good compared to other hotels.

Inayat Koya.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank inayatak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights whilst on a business trip. Good size room, clean, but the bathroom left a lot to be desired. Poor Wi Fi in the room, which is essential on a business trip. There is an overall run down feel to the place. On the positive side, the staff are very helpful especially at the bar. The food is good and there is a good choice for the buffet breakfast. If thinking of staying bear in mind there is a lot of noise from the nearby roads.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Katyjcks
Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were disappointed with our stay here. We were put in a room right next to the laundry room with several of their laundry baskets lining the hall. We had to move them to get into our room. the sleep by number beds were horrible. They didn't work half the time. There was some kind of party/wedding going on and didn't appear to be any staff to keep a watch on the activities. The front desk did not appear to be attentive even when we checked in or out. The elevator was slow and made strange sounds like it was having trouble moving. Not a good stay for us. It needs updating and attention to detail.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Texasgaltravel
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a wedding and spent the night. Maybe in just used to staying at nicer places but this did nothing for me. To start, no available bag carts on check in. Elevator was ungodly slow and scary. Room was average. New granite in bathroom and bedroom was nice. Tub was old, dirty and needed updated. Duct tape holding ac unit together. Sleep number bed didn't work. Quite possibly the worst bed I've ever slept on. Seemed clean though. Quiet. Average tv's. gym was a joke, 2 treadmills and efx machine with tv that could barely be seen in one room, 1 treadmill against the wall in other room. No weights, balls or mats to stretch. Pool seemed ok, indoor, didn't use. Ballroom was nicely decorated. Tough to tell if that was standard or the wedding itself. Wedding service staff was rude, unfriendly. Wedding bar keeper would just leave if it was slow. Prob to go smoke. One staff member was dancing by the stage. Very unprofessional. The breakfast brunch was a joke. Should have been free with what was put out. Cold bacon, eggs and potatoes. Had omelette station, but had to request for someone to come out and make them. Had to wait 10 min with no line. Son accidentally broke a glass, no one came over to help clean up. Paid $120, "discount rate", but not even worth that. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank buckijz
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services regarding staff, room and hotel condition. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Do NOT book the banquet room here! The food and service is awful. One person at our table was served at least 20 minutes before the rest of us. I told the servers to bring a fresh meal since his was cold (he waited for us), they never did. The food was also sub-standard. The people actually seemed pretty nice, but very poorly trained.

Room Tip: I didn't stay, my friends had a suite, and they had no hot water, and other various problems tha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LolaBrown
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff in regards to banquet service. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for GM John Ritchie.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed at much worse properties, but there were so many minor problems with this property I had to give it 2 stars. Let's start with the good points: the lobby, the restaurant, and the friendly staff. Now let's move to the elevator (that I got stuck on twice). When I was finally able to get off the elevator to tell an employee standing at the front desk (not behind it), he seemed to really care less but did say he would call maintenance, and "to just use the other elevator". The room: to my amazement there was a sleep number bed...that did not work completely. I like my bed soft so I tried to set both sides of the king size bed to soft, but only half worked. So half of the night I slept on a cloud but when I rolled over to the other side of the bed, I slept on plywood. The heating/air system: the fan setting did not work all the time. When he came on it was so loud that it woke me up during the night. The next night I decided to leave it on "Auto" and it never shut off, so I soaked the bed with sweat by the morning. The bathroom: the tub was filthy. It did not appear to have been deeply cleaned in years (hair and ground-in dirt). The pillowcases had stains; the window in the room was cracked; and the wireless was the worst than dial-up. Lastly, when I returned to my room, someone, I assume the housekeeper, left the deadbolt open so that my room was open for anyone to walk into at any point. At that point, I decided to pack my bags and leave. Oh, another last thing: it snowed the week that I was there and no one removed the snow at the entrance to the building until the day I left. So no salt, shovel, etc used on the entrance, sidewalk, parking lot, for 4 days. Talk about a hazard.

But again the staff was very friendly, the lobby nicely decorated, and the restaurant served good food.

Room Tip: Before you unpack: check to A/C unit to make sure it works; check the sleep number bed; try to get o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tom L, Front Office Manager at Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our property. It is fulfilling to hear such kind remarks about our staff. I wanted to take the time to apoligize for the other issues you encountered during your stay with us. I have reviewed these issues with the corresponding department managers in order to insure these issues do not occur in the future. We hope you give us another chance to restore your faith in our brand. Again, appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here 1-12-13. Chris at front desk very pleasant and helpful w/reservation snafu. Hot tub room was very relaxing and well appointed except for the "creaky" bed-was a sleep # though. Had dinner in the restaurant. Food was good,reasonably priced (thanks for the coupons Chris) . Had a nightcap(s) at the bar (that actually stayed open till 2 am!)-again,thanks for the coupons. Brian the bartender also very pleasant and helpful-thanks for the 1/2&1/2! Can't forget to mention the cookies at the front desk-yum. all in all a good night's stay

Room Tip: hot tub room we had looks into the pool-literally!if your shy close the curtains.Only problem was th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastlake
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East

Been to Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake? Share your experiences!