“Regarding Banquet service”

Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastlake
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Do NOT book the banquet room here! The food and service is awful. One person at our table was served at least 20 minutes before the rest of us. I told the servers to bring a fresh meal since his was cold (he waited for us), they never did. The food was also sub-standard. The people actually seemed pretty nice, but very poorly trained.

Room Tip: I didn't stay, my friends had a suite, and they had no hot water, and other various problems tha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LolaBrown
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff in regards to banquet service. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for GM John Ritchie.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed at much worse properties, but there were so many minor problems with this property I had to give it 2 stars. Let's start with the good points: the lobby, the restaurant, and the friendly staff. Now let's move to the elevator (that I got stuck on twice). When I was finally able to get off the elevator to tell an employee standing at the front desk (not behind it), he seemed to really care less but did say he would call maintenance, and "to just use the other elevator". The room: to my amazement there was a sleep number bed...that did not work completely. I like my bed soft so I tried to set both sides of the king size bed to soft, but only half worked. So half of the night I slept on a cloud but when I rolled over to the other side of the bed, I slept on plywood. The heating/air system: the fan setting did not work all the time. When he came on it was so loud that it woke me up during the night. The next night I decided to leave it on "Auto" and it never shut off, so I soaked the bed with sweat by the morning. The bathroom: the tub was filthy. It did not appear to have been deeply cleaned in years (hair and ground-in dirt). The pillowcases had stains; the window in the room was cracked; and the wireless was the worst than dial-up. Lastly, when I returned to my room, someone, I assume the housekeeper, left the deadbolt open so that my room was open for anyone to walk into at any point. At that point, I decided to pack my bags and leave. Oh, another last thing: it snowed the week that I was there and no one removed the snow at the entrance to the building until the day I left. So no salt, shovel, etc used on the entrance, sidewalk, parking lot, for 4 days. Talk about a hazard.

But again the staff was very friendly, the lobby nicely decorated, and the restaurant served good food.

Room Tip: Before you unpack: check to A/C unit to make sure it works; check the sleep number bed; try to get o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Tom L, Front Office Manager at Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our property. It is fulfilling to hear such kind remarks about our staff. I wanted to take the time to apoligize for the other issues you encountered during your stay with us. I have reviewed these issues with the corresponding department managers in order to insure these issues do not occur in the future. We hope you give us another chance to restore your faith in our brand. Again, appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here 1-12-13. Chris at front desk very pleasant and helpful w/reservation snafu. Hot tub room was very relaxing and well appointed except for the "creaky" bed-was a sleep # though. Had dinner in the restaurant. Food was good,reasonably priced (thanks for the coupons Chris) . Had a nightcap(s) at the bar (that actually stayed open till 2 am!)-again,thanks for the coupons. Brian the bartender also very pleasant and helpful-thanks for the 1/2&1/2! Can't forget to mention the cookies at the front desk-yum. all in all a good night's stay

Room Tip: hot tub room we had looks into the pool-literally!if your shy close the curtains.Only problem was th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We needed a place near family and had never stayed at Radisson. I called and the front desk was soo helpful! She helped to select a room for us, made sure that we had a fair rate, and a lovely room! The hotel is exceptionally clean!!! Very important to us.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place needs a major update. I'm only giving it two stars because my whole family stayed here for a wedding and we had a decent time at the wedding.... As for the hotel from the outside you can tell its older. It has cracks through the parking lot the windows have that old glazed over look. The breakfast was okay but it wasn't included. The carpets in the hallways downstairs looked kinda crusty. My biggest complaint and everyone in the weddings complaint were the beds. They use sleep number beds which are kinda like high tech air matresses. They're kind of confusing to use and found myself often in the middle of the night feeling like I was deflated sleeping on top of a rock. I'm 6'4" 240lbs and my girlfriend is light. We slept on the same bed and when I was sleeping on a rock she was sleeping on a pillow because the air would shift from under me and push her up.

Just be aware that if you stay here you need to stay in a queen size or bigger if you plan on having two in the bed. Its to my understanding that the queen beds in the hotel have dual settings. I can deal with an older hotel if the beds are comfy but this wasn't our experience here.

Lastly, around midnight when everyone got back from the wedding we were stunned to realized all the keys to our floor where reset for some reason. My uncle who is 70 years old was stuck in the hallway in his boxer briefs lol.

Someone else from the other wedding party that was in the building was passed out on the 3rd floor hallway. The same halls were littered with beer bottles and pizza boxes. One of the elevator stopped working on the late night too....

All-in-All it just needs more attention to detail and needs a major overhaul. It kinda reminds you that your stuck in the year 2000

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Will L
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I knew pulling into the parking lot it was not going to be good. This place is just old and really dirty. Rooms small and cramped. Dirt on the floors, carpet nasty. If I could have left I would have but was with others and didn't have that freedom. Stay somewhere else!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ssnorris1
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

We apologize for the experience you had at our location regarding the condition of the hotel. We are discussing options with corporate to do updates and renovations in the near future. We hope you give us another chance to restore your faith in our brand. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Overall the hotel met our expectations, however it was dissapionting the pool was closed due to unexpected maintenance, but these things happen.
The room (122) was clean and we'll maintained and the dial by number bed was very comfortable, the staff were very pleasant.
This was a one night business stay and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastlake
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites

Been to Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake? Share your experiences!