“Bad Bad Bad”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in East Liverpool
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stay away at all costs, very dirty rooms. We looked at our room and left. We had to take a loss on our money since we didn't cancel with in 24 hrs but there was no way I was staying there. After leaving the hotel I started talking with some locals at a resteraunt and was told I made a great choice by not staying there. That some one had contracted MRSA from their room

Room Tip: stay away, filthy rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Army-Wife-94e

Reviewed October 4, 2011

i stayed at the east liverpool comfort inn for two nights on work assignment. My room was on the first floor, and by night two i had bed bug bites! I will never stay there again! Also hotel check in was very slow, and unfriendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Ade R
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This is our third stay at this hotel, about once each year. We'd stay there again because it is convenient and quiet -- but only if they get bought out and management changes. We stayed in a bunch of Choice Hotels on a ten day midwestern trip and this was by far the worst and the highest priced. The whole place just felt dirty. Our room was a non-smoker, but smelled like they had just sprayed it with a chemical to mask the odor; they corridors stank of stale smoke. They had some work crews staying there and there were clumps of mud from their boots on the stairs; a sign appeared on the door asking that people clean their boots, but in three days no one cleaned the stairs. As others have noted there was a shortage of towels -- we got a full set by asking, but the parking lot gave scant evidence of their being heavily booked. The breakfast was about average for such "complimentary" breakfasts, except when I opened a Yogurt and found it moldy, and upon checking the sell-by date found it was two weeks past. The staff checked all the stock immediately and chucked the dated ones ... but why only after finding a problem? This should be routine. The staff we dealt with were all courteous and helpful, but there were so many hints of management problems.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank taconicbear
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My friends and I had a 2 night hotel stay here and we ran into several problems. We had 3 rooms and had enough to fill each bed (2 beds in each room). When we checked in we found 2 towels per room. They told us that they didn't have enough towels and were washing them and couldn't do anything for us due to the hotel being fully booked. One of the rooms had toilet issues and when our friend went to the front desk to have someone take care of it, they very rudely handed him a plunger and said "here". The next day we once again had to wait for towels so people could take showers, after that we left for the day only to come back to find one of the rooms not cleaned at all. I explained this to the gentleman at the counter and he came back with 2 towels (at this point there were 3 in the room). He did give me a 3rd towel, but with hesitation due to the "towel shortage". We then were given linens so we could change our beds due to the fact that the hotel maids had left for the day. I’m not a picky person, but it was literally one problem after another.

Room Tip: It has always helped me to check reviews
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank dmarie3194
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was our ninth time staying at this facility. We attend the Ohio Valley China Collectors Convention every June. It is the best available motel in East Liverpool and is in a convenient location with several restaurants nearby. Rates are very good. Service is good from the staff. It has a nice pool. The worst part of the stay is the poor continental breakfast. We recommend skipping it and going to Bob Evans.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank yadkinvalleycouple
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We had stayed at this hotel when it was amerihost and it was very clean but not no more it is very dusty and dirty the hallways are horrible the one plus is there employees are very nice but there are responsible for a lot the breakfast bar is always running out of stuff because the front desk is responsible for it and are second day there a housekeeper was doing it but she was also washing sheets and laundry very unsanitary we wont be staying there anymore we couldnt even get change for the vending area and upon checkout i wanted to pay cash they had already charged my card twice once for auth. and once for stay and i was told they only had 2 ones i asked to speak with management but the said shes only there mon-fri from 9-1 and make sure i call to talk to hert she reports off alot the employee was very nice probaly because she was there when it was amerihost i remembered her she worked nights then to she even stated she hates the way it looks now and is very embarassed when people come back and see it

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank luckylady75
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The room was very clean; hotel in good repair and otherwise average. I would recommend for an overnight stay. My only real complaint would be that my room smelled like a cat's litterbox. No kidding! Sour, urine-like smell in this room (this was a handicapped accessible room). Thankfully, it was not so overwhelming that it was intolerable, but I can imagine that more sensitive people would have had a big problem with it. I would not have accepted it had I been planning more than an overnight stay. I do not know what the source of the odor was. Hotel was busy, and rather noisy, with footsteps easily heard overhead and in the hallways, but then I have come to expect this in a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank TampaNugget

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!