“New Chopsticks”

New Chopsticks Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 228 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I wanted to get some good Chinese food in northwest Columbus. Well, I am still looking. I stopped in at New Chopsticks and was disappointed. I had orange chicken. It was sticky sweet. The chicken was soggy. The choices for beverage is very limited. I was hoping to have iced tea with my dinner. They didn't have it. Instead, I had hot tea. It was strong because it was sitting in a serving pot for a while. The décor is nothing to write home about. The mixed banquet chairs is tacky. I thought the prices were OK. If you are looking for good authentic Chinese food, you may want to explore elsewhere.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

best restaurant in Dublin, OH. Very authentic Cantonese food. I went there with my friends and we all love it.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good grief, this is about the worst Chinese I've ever had! Relying on all the great ratings, we went there yesterday for dinner. It was appalling and I agree with others who have posted that I have no idea why so many people wrote favorable reviews. The best thing I can say is that the chicken was all very nice breast meat only in the sweet and sour. That said, the egg roll I ordered was almost entirely cabbage with no flavor at all. The fried rice had a tiny bit of egg, no veggies and it could have benefited greatly from some onion, at the very least. Although I'm happy it was not oily, it was more like steamed rice; it seemed as if soy sauce had been added to the water then steamed. It was certainly not "fried" rice. Very bland. The sweet & sour chicken itself was arranged with the few chunks of bell pepper & onion and a few pieces of pineapple all stuck in one corner. I hate when veggies are overcooked but this was the opposite extreme. They were pretty much raw. If they hit the heat at all, it had to be for all of 4 seconds. And the onion was in big chunks, so picture big raw chunks. Although many restaurants are skimpy with the sauce, they did provide plenty of it, but it was thin, boring, and overly sweet. We did not get sick from it as others claim, but we were very disappointed. The only person there when we arrived was the chef (no customers and it was dinner hour). He didn't seem to be able to speak English or just didn't want to. While waiting for our food, another employee arrived. She was not very friendly, either. With that said, there is no reason to ever come back here.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I like this place! They have an authentic Chinese menu with food that I've never had before, but tasted very good! I loved the Yang Chow Fried rice and the Cha Siu (I think that is what it's called) with green vegetables!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Pretty darn good cheap asian yumyum

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook