“Try bison...it's what's for dinner!”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #35 of 231 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Private Dining
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love Ted's! I love the atmosphere and the food. I tend not to eat a lot of beef, so bison is a really nice alternative. The meat flavor is not gamey at all. I also love the fact that per ounce bison compared to beef is lower in fat and calories and is higher in protein.

There's lots of good "comfort" type of food including their bison meatloaf or potroast. However I love fries and theirs are one of my favorites. So a bison burger and fries is my go-to at Ted's. And if you're lucky enough to be around when they have (seasonally) their strawberry shortcake - it is fantastic and huge!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This restaurant offers great food and service - but it is NEVER crowded. I've been going there for years and can honestly say I've never had a bad meal or experience. It's amazing to me that more people don't know about this restaurant. Good for us as customers that we don't have to fight a crowd but a shame for the restaurant.

Check it out. They offer a broad menu at reasonable prices.

2  Thank Bbeam
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The service was very good. However, the food was, by far, the worst meal I have have ever had at Ted's Montana Grill. I had chicken and sausage gumbo and the bison bacon-cheeseburger with fries. The gumbo contained no sausage. The vegetables were bland and over-cooked. There was spice to the soup but no complexity of flavor; it was just flat. I ordered the burger medium-rare and it was red all the way through the middle. They did give me another burger, which was served grey. (No option between red and grey available?) The fries were very salty, as was the burger. My husband gave me a stalk of his asparagus. It was like eating a stick of salt with asparagus essence. The ice water tasted awful; like sewer water smells. I thought perhaps my sense of taste was off, but my husband concurred that all the food was incredibly salty. (He had a steak, mashed potatoes and the asparagus.) Very disappointing overall.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Naked Hamburger was wonderful - freshly ground steak made into hamburger patties - really made for a tasty burger. I enjoyed a side dish of baked sweet potato instead of french fries and that was delicious, perfectly cooked. My husband enjoyed the pecan crusted trout and thought it was good, maybe not as good as the hamburger I had, though. The atmosphere was relaxed and server was attentive, but not pushy. I was glad I grabbed my jacket before we went inside - immediately put it on and was comfortable, otherwise, I would have been way too cold. Good value for what we had and it wasn't the usual chain-restaurant, which is what we look for when we travel.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

If I have a bison burger hankering, this is where I go. The bison chili is also very good. I never have a desire to order anything else, perhaps it is also quite good.