“What a joke”
Review of Max & Erma's

Max & Erma's
Ranked #13 of 225 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American
Description: In 1972, Max & Erma created a fun, unique restaurant so friends and family can gather for good times and a great meal, and decorated it with eclectic artifacts and local paraphernalia. Since that day, we've been committed to providing our guests with irresistible heartland classics and friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere the whole neighborhood can enjoy. We've grown over the years, but always remain true to what makes us successful - delivering a great memorable experience so that every guest leaves with a smile. After all, Max & Erma wouldn't have it any other way.
“What a joke”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went in here at 2:20. Place was quiet. Stood at podium for 5 minutes eventually sat myself at the bar. Waited 5 minutes to get a glass of water. Then another 5 for a menu. Bar tender was basically serving everyone. In all waited about 20 minutes. If it took that long to get ANY service good luck with the food. Simply got up and left.

• Visited August 2013

Olathe, Kansas
“Good place to eat after sports!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Overall good food and good prices. I thought the ice cream toppings in an antique bathtub was kind of weird, but the kids loved it! We ate here twice during our stay and the service the first time was very good. The service the second time was slow and the waitress seemed new. The Max sized beer that I ordered wasn't very cold, so that was not very good. No big deal, we ate and enjoyed. I would definitely eat here again if I'm in town.

• Visited July 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Quirky Theme Chain”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The place is relaxed and casual. I would not have guessed it was a chain, but I suppose it is a small local and regional one. There was a table of about 20 loud, drunk golfers who were singing "American Pie" when I came in. They could not agree on the correct lyrics, but that did not stop them from lifting their voices in song. The black bean burger was better than I expected. Wait staff was quick and efficient, but a bit inattentive, abrupt and scattered.

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ohio
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We hadn't been to Max & Erma's for a long time [after mediocre experiences at the Sawmill and Monroeville PA locations] and decided to give this pleasant & convenient location a try. We used to really enjoy this restaurant, and as a long-time central Ohio resident, I have many pleasant memories of both the Dublin and German Village locations. I know there have been financial problems with this chain and unfortunately it seems that they're cutting back on quality. There were four in our party; two of us were very disappointed with the quality and taste of our food [note to other non-beef-eaters: avoid that veggie burger!]. The table was sticky with lingering crumbs when we sat down and I wish I had asked the cheerful and efficient server to clean it off, because it bothered me throughout the meal. I want this restaurant to be successful so will probably give it another try after the memory of this visit fades a bit.

• Visited May 2013
North Tonawanda
“Max & Erma's”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a blackberry & peach sangria to start...it was delicious. The tortilla soup was also delicious. My husband had a club sandwich and I had an Apple, Pecan, & chicken salad. Both were excellent. Our waitress, Donna, was attentive & very pleasant.

Visited May 2013