“Quirky Theme Chain”

Max & Erma's
Ranked #16 of 224 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In 1972, Max & Erma created a fun, unique restaurant so friends and family can gather for good times and a great meal, and decorated it with eclectic artifacts and local paraphernalia. Since that day, we've been committed to providing our guests with irresistible heartland classics and friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere the whole neighborhood can enjoy. We've grown over the years, but always remain true to what makes us successful - delivering a great memorable experience so that every guest leaves with a smile. After all, Max & Erma wouldn't have it any other way.
Eugene, Oregon
“Quirky Theme Chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The place is relaxed and casual. I would not have guessed it was a chain, but I suppose it is a small local and regional one. There was a table of about 20 loud, drunk golfers who were singing "American Pie" when I came in. They could not agree on the correct lyrics, but that did not stop them from lifting their voices in song. The black bean burger was better than I expected. Wait staff was quick and efficient, but a bit inattentive, abrupt and scattered.

Visited June 2013

Dublin, Ohio
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We hadn't been to Max & Erma's for a long time [after mediocre experiences at the Sawmill and Monroeville PA locations] and decided to give this pleasant & convenient location a try. We used to really enjoy this restaurant, and as a long-time central Ohio resident, I have many pleasant memories of both the Dublin and German Village locations. I know there have been financial problems with this chain and unfortunately it seems that they're cutting back on quality. There were four in our party; two of us were very disappointed with the quality and taste of our food [note to other non-beef-eaters: avoid that veggie burger!]. The table was sticky with lingering crumbs when we sat down and I wish I had asked the cheerful and efficient server to clean it off, because it bothered me throughout the meal. I want this restaurant to be successful so will probably give it another try after the memory of this visit fades a bit.

• Visited May 2013
North Tonawanda
“Max & Erma's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a blackberry & peach sangria to start...it was delicious. The tortilla soup was also delicious. My husband had a club sandwich and I had an Apple, Pecan, & chicken salad. Both were excellent. Our waitress, Donna, was attentive & very pleasant.

Visited May 2013
Fulton, NY
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

First time at this Restaurant and was very happy. They had a wide variety of items to choose from. The waitress was very fast and friendly. reasonably priced. Would go back again.

• Visited April 2013
Caldwell, Ohio
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited Max and Erma's in Dublin St. Patrick's day weekend and they were staffed very well to take care of the crowds. Very timely with drinks and our food. The food was excellent. They had the Basketball games on and it made for such a great atmoshere. We've been there several times and they still yet to disappoint us.

Visited March 2013

Been to Max & Erma's? Share your experiences!