“Food was good... when it finally arrived”
Review of Max & Erma's

Max & Erma's
Ranked #16 of 226 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American
Description: In 1972, Max & Erma created a fun, unique restaurant so friends and family can gather for good times and a great meal, and decorated it with eclectic artifacts and local paraphernalia. Since that day, we've been committed to providing our guests with irresistible heartland classics and friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere the whole neighborhood can enjoy. We've grown over the years, but always remain true to what makes us successful - delivering a great memorable experience so that every guest leaves with a smile. After all, Max & Erma wouldn't have it any other way.
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food was pretty good. My wife, daughter and I had a burger, onion rings, and fish and chips. All were very good. The only iffy item was the horseradish sauce they served with the onion rings. I didn't really care for it. It wasn't badly prepared it just wasn't to my taste. Maybe it's a regional thing. The service was terrible. I kind of get the feeling the waitress may have been new. She was horribly disorganized. It wasn't until the manager started making rounds that we got a drink refill. Our group of 20 was there for 45 minutes before the last one was allowed to order. The food trickled out over the next 45 minutes so that some of use were done eating for 10-15 minutes before others received their meals. One of my gauges to bad service is whether my drink glass runs out. In the 2+ hours we were stuck here my drink glass was empty 3 times which spanned more than an hour.

There are newer reviews for Max & Erma's

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Love the food and the service!! Also love the desserts!! Just moved to Ohio three weeks ago and I've gone back three times already! Tried the Garbage burger (warning, you need a bib) and Erma's patty melt, both awesome, but you gotta try the melt!!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

wandered over here from our hotel and was very happy with the meal and service. many thanks for an enjoyable meal

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I feel sentimental about Max & Erma's locations, as our first date was at a Max & Erma's. We stopped at the Max & Erma's in Dublin on our way home from the gym last week to have dinner. We were seated promptly, but after waiting for 10 minutes, we had to flag down a server to get some attention. While he took our drink order, it still took forever for us to get our primary server to the table to take our meal order. The manager did visit us later and apologize for the slow service, but we also had to wait a long time for the entrees. This seemed odd as the restaurant wasn't very busy. I was also surprised by how sticky the table was, with that odor of old dishrag attached to it. This used to be the best Max & Erma's in town, but it seems to have slipped somewhat.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We travel to Columbus to see our great Buckeye's play and when we do, we always have to stop at Max and Erma's. Great food and great atmoshere. It just the perfect place to tie together and wonderful day after the Buckeye's win another one.

1  Thank BuckeyeSpike

Been to Max & Erma's? Share your experiences!