“Delicious, beautiful presentation, great prices!”

Kabuki Korean Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently went to the Kabuki Korean Restaurant in Dublin when a friend and I wanted to try something different. I'm so glad we did! The menu was quite extensive with a wide variety of interesting dishes to choose from.

I had the Chicken Teriyaki and my friend had the Salmon Teriyaki from the "Kitchen Lunch box" section of the menu. It included soup, salad, 4 pcs Tempura, rice, 4 pcs Cali Roll, and Tempura sauce. We were very impressed with the beautiful display of the food on our platters - very pretty! And the food was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!

We were also quite pleased with the prices, which were very reasonable. I hope to go back again sometime soon!

I highly recommend the Kabuki Korean Restaurant!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I bought a secret meal from Groupon and it turned out to be this Korean sushi place. I was a little apprehensive to eat raw fish, etc however our waitress was super. She explained everything and the food was delicious! Even my husband liked it. A little pricy if I had not had my coupon. But still a great place to eat and lots of food.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place took over Sushi Bistro with new owners. I had been to the former place a couple times and was not impressed. Kabuki, however, has really been a nice surprise. It's never busy (which is unfortunate for them). The service is okay, sometimes you have to flag someone down for a refill. The rolls are the only items I have had. I've had probably 9 - 12 different rolls and I didn't hate any of them. My favorites are the Hot Sex Roll - spicy but so yummy and the Playboy Roll. The Corona Roll is different a nice surprise. My friend really loves the Ninja Roll. The bottom line is that they have a wide variety to please everyone. Even my husband will eat there and he hates sushi. I always feel the fish is fresh which isn't always the case. The price is very fair for sushi. Many times they have buy 2 rolls get 1 free. Wednesdays is 1/2 off all day. They have a small bar area too.
The areas they could improve on: Quite often they use way too much sauce on the rolls. Instead of a drizzle it's a pour. They could tame this a bit. The service could be better, especially when they are not slammed.
I wanted to write a review on this place in hopes people will go give it a try. I personally like it better than Mr. Sushi and people seem to love that place. Go on a Wednesday so you aren't out a bunch if you hate it. But I think you'll be surprised.

3  Thank RomaTraveled
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Having not been to a Korean restaurant in years, and never having taken my husband, this restaurant would not have made out top 100 list. However, the Groupon was a blind purchase and I was game for anything to do for Valentine's Day. After I bought the Groupon and found out what it was, I did not tell my husband - just gave directions as he drove. I'm not sure if he would have gone, had he have known, as he's a meat and potatoes guy. He was a good sport.

They started by bringing out a bowl of edamame. Dinner included salads and choice of miso or vegetable soup. I got the miso and it was quite good. The salad was fine, too. Next was choice of rolls from a super long list. I list sushi, so I had plenty of options. My husband does not do sushi, so his choices were fewer. Turns out, I ended up with both as one bite of his was enough for him to turn down the rest. His was OK - a cooked salmon roll. Mine was excellent - several types of fish in the rolls, served on top of lettuce with a spicy sauce dotted on the plate.

The dish my husband did end up eating was the spicy chicken dish. I had a couple bites and found the sauce to be very flavorful.

The one very noticeable thing about this restaurant was how quiet it was. There was musak or some background music playing, but very low. And the people that were there talked quietly. I'm not saying it was a bad atmosphere, but different.

Overall, a great experience and I'm glad we went. I thoroughly enjoyed the good.

2  Thank Liz A
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Kabuki is billed as a Korean Restaurant and Sushi Bar. We went for lunch on a Saturday and found the menu to cover a lot of different items from appetizers, soups, and salads, lunch specials to Korean dishes. We were looking for something on the light fare so we opted for appetizers and soup which was plenty for us. We chose the shrimp tempura which came with shrimp and vegetables (potato, zucchini, and carrot in a light crunchy batter. The presentation was very appetizing and the tempura was tasty. We both got the miso vegetable soup which again had a great presentation and taste. Since we both like California rolls we ordered one. This item is not on their menu that is published but was on the in restaurant menu. The California roll was freshly made and like the rest of the food very good in both appearance and on the palate. We want to go back another time for dinner to try some of the more traditional Korean entrees. Note that this restaurant does not do the in table grill cooking like most traditional Korean restaurants.

3  Thank John L