“5 sisters”

Dining options: Reservations
Bohemia, New York
“5 sisters”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

myself and my 4 sisters visit Ohio, we went to Biddies for lunch The atmosphere, food and the staff are very pleasant the service was excellent., you should visit Biddy's you would love it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank nylmapadilla

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Treated very poorly”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wed. May 8th Today, My mother was in town I chose Biddies to take her to lunch. I see my mother every 6 months so it was a special occasion for us. I called Biddies at 11:00 a.m. to ask about whether I needed a reservation. The lady who answered said "Yes, as we only have one wait staff today. I said "Donna - for 2 at 12:00 noon". At 12:00 noon we arrived and was told there was a Donna for 2 on the books for Friday, May 10th. The hostess proceeded to tell me I made the reservation for Friday and I cam on the wrong day. I assured her I did not. The hostess argued with me some more and told to to sit and wait. After 20 minutes we proceeded into the dining room. My mother needed and had her walker, she is 87 years old. As we were shown our table the hostess asked if "my mother could walk without the walker". I said after she is seated I would take it and fold it up out of the way. Half way into the dining room she stopped us and took my mother's walker away from her and said she would take it". I had to help my mother without her walker to the table. I believe the hostess did NOT want the presence of her walker in the dining room. There was plenty of room for her to use it all the way to our table. First I am told I made the wrong reservation, then Biddies was unaccommodating about my mother's walker....and we waited another 20 minutes before we were acknowledged at our table. I personally felt that as their paying guests we were treated very poorly. Donna White, Columbus, Oh

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Donna W
Dublin, Ohio
“Nothing trendy about it - and that's why we like it!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I love Biddie's for lunch! It's a Dublin institution for a good reason. The atmosphere is charmingly historic, the food is excellent, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. They always have a lunch special - their quiches have been reliably tasty - but most of the time I go for the traditional lunch basket with three [small] delicious sandwiches and a cup of soup. Their soups are always good. As you might imagine, they do some very nice desserts, too. It reminds me of the kind of lunch places my mother and aunts used to take me to long ago - although I should add that there are some updated items on the menu. Now they serve wine, too, for those of you who can indulge at lunch.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank RLane_11
Columbus, Ohio
“A nice brunch place”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Recently, I gave my wife a gift certificate to take our daughter to Biddy's. (My wife had her bridal luncheon here the day before our wedding and was already a "superfan".) My daughter is only one, but the restaurant treated both of them with the same kindness and respect they would guests of any age and were exceptionally accommodating of the non-standard guest. :) If you are near Dublin and looking for something different, you should give Biddy's a try. It is a gem in Dublin.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank OhioNole
Worthington, Ohio
“Tempting Teas and Pastries”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Biddie's is an institution in Dublin and all the ladies groups meet there for tea. It's atmosphere is homey and the staff is attentive. They have some gifts that you can buy too.

Visited March 2012