“I Love 1 Stop Bead Shop!!!!”
Review of 1 Stop Bead Shop

1 Stop Bead Shop
Ranked #3 of 7 Shopping in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: 1 Stop Bead Shop is the premier bead store in Central Ohio. Instead of specializing in just a few areas, 1 Stop specializes in having it all - crystals, semi precious beads, seed beads, tools, findings, books, African trade beads, ceramic beads, pearls, Czech glass, Forever in My Heart brand add-a-bead jewlery, one of a kind artisan made jewelry, vintage pieces and MUCH more. Our 3200 square foot store has ample room for you relax and explore all we have to offer.Our motto is "Come Sit & Bead with Us" and we have 3 tables on the floor complete with tools for you to use. We invite you to come see for yourself what makes 1 Stop Bead Shop a favorite oasis for Columbus jewelry makers. We have refreshments such as soda and coffee for sale and there is a restroom you can use. We would love to have you come in and become one of our "beady" friends!I look forward to meeting you. Carpe Beadem! Lisa Busch - Owner. History Established in 20056 years ago I was making jewelry and became frustrated when beads that I needed were not consistently available or even carried at all in my local bead store. That's where the idea for 1 Stop Bead Shop formed - a shop where a beader could get EVERYTHING she or he needed.My degree is in education, and I was already teaching beading, so it was natural to start teaching at the store. Little did we imagine that 1 Stop Bead Shop would have 26 instructors teaching nearly 100 classes a quarter.I also knew I wanted a really friendly, fun store. I envisioned the "Cheers of beading - a place where everybody knows your name!" It's been a real blessing to watch my vision become a reality as we have created not just a store, but a community of beaders.We are Central Ohio's bead class headquarters, offering over 100 classes each quarter in bead weaving, bead stringing, wire working, chainmaille, metals, lampwork bead making, bead and wire crochet, fiber art jewelry, French beading, soutache, bead embroidery and more. Our staff of 14 instructors have more than 100 years of combined experience creating and teaching the art of jewelry making. Please visit our classes page on our website to view our current class schedule.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have had a long love with jewelry, and started experimenting with making some jewelry a few years ago. Consequently, I visit every bead store I can find. When I came to 1 Stop, I was amazed at all of the beautiful jewelry in the display cases - and it was for classes! I signed up for 3 classes, and have now taken over 100 classes. I have learned so much! I find that I enjoy the bead weaving designs best, but I have taken quite a few of their classes, and I've learned so many beading stitches and techniques. I've even tried my hand at polymer clay, crochet beading, wire work, precious metal clay, cold metals work, knotting, kumihimo, etc. Because of what I've learned, I can pick up a beading magazine and make pretty much any of the patterns in it.

I have gotten to know most of the staff, instructors and regular customers, and it is like the "Cheers" of Beading. For those not old enough to remember the sitcom "Cheer", it is a place where everybody knows your name and are glad you came. And that is how I feel there. It is my beading home. Also, the staff are very artistic and very helpful. They've helped me pick out colors that I would never have put together, and they look fantastic!

The store is well lit, so you can see the colors of the huge variety of seed beads, Czech beads, Swarovski crystals, gemstones, and their design display case. I can spend hours in the store looking at all of the wonderful treasures. The owner has now added vintage jewelry (includes some beaded handbags) to the mix, and they are very nice and reasonably priced.

The store hosts big name Beading & Wirework Artists. My two favorites (so far) are Diane Fitzgerald and Marcia DeCoster. Both taught me so much that I feel like I grew in not only skill but perspective on making jewelry. Being able to take a class locally from such great artists is phenomenal! These artist classes occur several times a year, based on voting and input by the customers.

The owner has been expanding the beading classes, which include beginners, intermediate and advanced levels. Crochet beading started in the last year or so, and has really caught on. Now Knitting with beads to make jewelry is being offered; I'm amazed at the beautiful jewelry that is made with knitting. After my upcoming riveting class, that will be the next class for me! How about you? If you have any interest in any kind of jewelry making, THIS is the place!!

3  Thank Jackie J

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I first visited 1 Stop Bead Shop 6 years ago when I began what was to become my "beading addiction". I was and have been so impressed with their inventory, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, and their amazing marketing and public relations skills. I have had the opportunity to take a number of the classes offered there and recommend them to everyone as I have learned such a variety of beading techniques. Their huge supply of beads and accessories allows the customers instant access to everything needed to complete projects, and if they don't have what one needs, they are most willing to order it. For as long as I continue to bead, I will be a loyal customer of 1 Stop!

2  Thank Karyn B
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've been taking classes & shopping at 1 Stop for over 6 years. Can't say enough nice things about Lisa, the owner, who treats her customers like royalty & her friendly staff are exceptional teachers who are always there to help. The variety of beads beats any store I've been to in NYC & prices are great. I'm greeted by my first name & it's like a home away from home. I've met many beading friends who are fun. Lisa also brings in nationally known artisans to teach, always has something new to explore, fun Make-and-Takes on Saturdays, and lots of perks, sales, and fun events. If you are a beginner or advanced, it doesn't matter, there's something available for everyone. One of the friendliest businesses I've ever encountered - don't miss out, go there to see for yourself!!

2  Thank jmw4
Lisa B, Owner at 1 Stop Bead Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you JMW for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that you feel we have lived up to our vision of being "The Cheers of Beading" - fun, friendly, a place you come to be with like-minded friends. Thanks also for mentioning our Saturday Make & Takes and other events. We strive to make every visit fun and memorable for both our 1st time visitors and our regular shoppers. Happy Beading! Lisa

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been going to the 1 Stop Bead Shop for about 8 years now. They have a great selection of beads, pearls, seed beads, tools, threads, anything you can possibly think of to make beautiful jewelry. They also have the greatest staff. If you have any questions, they are more than helpful. They always know who you are when you walk in the door and are greeted immediately with your name. The classes are phenomenal. You can take a class on peyote, nedeble, right angle weave, bead embroidery, soutache, wire working, chainmaille, polymer clay, basic bead weaving and many others with very experienced, friendly and patient instructors. They also have visiting guest artists several times throughout the year. If you get the opportunity, please visit this store -- you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Jane B

Thank you Jane for your glowing review. You are truly an ambassador and did such a nice job summing up our products and classes. I really appreciate that as a loyal and long term shopper you are still so enthusiastic about the store. It's for people like you that we continue to work hard to come up with new ideas, innovations, events & products lines, so that we can play in the beads for years to come! Lisa

See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Not only is this the most comprehensive bead shop in Central Ohio, but it goes out of its way to welcome patrons. One of the signature phrases is "come sit and bead with us." In this store, skilled employees take the time to help individuals create their works of art. Regardless of age, everyone is treated as a valued customer. I have watched the staff work with very seasoned beaders and young children just starting out. Their approach is the same--enthusiastic patience coupled with great skill. Often, I have been amazed that when I ask an employee for help with colors, the perfect choice is presented to me. It takes skill and dedication to be so familiar with stock that one can immediately select a color from the thousands available. But not only are the employees helpful, they also are part of the teaching staff. And the teaching staff is quite comprehensive. They cover a range of technical skills from bead weaving to kumihimo to wire work and polymer clay--not to mention bead stringing, crochet, embroidery, and French wire work. Equally important, the instructors are very patient and encouraging. Often they tell students to E-mail them if a problem arises after class, and some even volunteer to meet students at the shop to offer more help. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, 1 Stop Bead Shop values its customers and makes them feel welcome in addition to providing an extraordinary selection of beading-related items and the classes that show how to use them.

3  Thank Denise N

Thank you Denise for your glowing and comprehensive review. I'm so glad that you mentioned our slogan - "Come Sit & Bead with Us!" Our tables provide a great opportunity for us to work with students who want to learn more right in our showroom. One of the greatest joys I have is in watching a parent/child or a grandparent/child work together on a project. The best memories are formed in the doing! Looking forward to making happy beading memories with you & all our guests for years to come. Lisa

Been to 1 Stop Bead Shop? Share your experiences!