“I'm a Japanese Steakhouse Pro”

Shi Chi Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #168 of 224 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“I'm a Japanese Steakhouse Pro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have 4 kids and during one if my wife's pregnancies she craved Japanese Steakhouse food. We went out to Japanese Steakhouses almost twice a week for months. We liked trying many places and noticed how they all did things a little different. One would have better a soup, one had a better salad dressing, one had a better fried rice and dipping sauce etc. Eventually we stumbled across Shi Chi and couldn't believe that virtually everything there was what we considered the best we'd tried. The soup, salad dressing, fried rice, egg-yolk sauce, ginger dipping sauce and steak/shrimp were all our favorites. We've still tried others when on vacation from St. Louis to Honalulu, but have found nothing as good. I understand that this review might sound like a commercial but I'm not an employee or even someone likely to review a restaurant I'm just a grateful patron and self proclaimed Japanese Steakhouse expert who decided after 6 years of eating at Shi Chi to write a review of my families favorite restaurant.

4 Thank DeronB

Columbus, Ohio
“Good though loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Good food and location. A tad pricy and pretty loud, even for a hibachi.

Columbus, Ohio
“excellent food and service...affordable lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We've been to Shi Chi many times, it's one of our favorites. Great food, lunch prices are excellent and you still get soup and salad with your entree. The biggest difference between lunch and dinner is the price, with dinner you get a shrimp appetizer, vegetables and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or pineapple sherbet in addition to the main course, rice & bean sprouts.
We prefer to go to Shi Chi for lunch rather than dinner, it's less crowded, no wait and food is just as good.
I checked dining on a budget but mean that to be for lunch time only.
While apparently it is cheaper than other area Japanese steakhouses for dinner we still found it to be a bit pricey.

• Visited June 2011
Dublin, Ohio
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

Food is good but service is horrible. My family and I waited over an hour to get seated even though we had reservations. ONCE SEATED IT TOOK 1/2 AN HOUR TO GET A DRINK. Very disorginized staff.

Visited January 2011
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Alway has a place in my heart!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

I have dined at Shi Chi on Sawmill for many years. I have never had a bad experance. The staff is the best that Columbus has to offer. Friendy, atenttive and always make you feel welcome. I am going tomorrow as it has been a while, but I know that I will love avery minute. I have been to some of the others and I like Shi Chi the best. Good food, very relaxed.