“Good though loud”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good though loud”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Good food and location. A tad pricy and pretty loud, even for a hibachi.

Columbus, Ohio
“excellent food and service...affordable lunch”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We've been to Shi Chi many times, it's one of our favorites. Great food, lunch prices are excellent and you still get soup and salad with your entree. The biggest difference between lunch and dinner is the price, with dinner you get a shrimp appetizer, vegetables and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or pineapple sherbet in addition to the main course, rice & bean sprouts.
We prefer to go to Shi Chi for lunch rather than dinner, it's less crowded, no wait and food is just as good.
I checked dining on a budget but mean that to be for lunch time only.
While apparently it is cheaper than other area Japanese steakhouses for dinner we still found it to be a bit pricey.

• Visited June 2011
Dublin, Ohio
“Bad Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Food is good but service is horrible. My family and I waited over an hour to get seated even though we had reservations. ONCE SEATED IT TOOK 1/2 AN HOUR TO GET A DRINK. Very disorginized staff.

Visited January 2011
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Alway has a place in my heart!”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I have dined at Shi Chi on Sawmill for many years. I have never had a bad experance. The staff is the best that Columbus has to offer. Friendy, atenttive and always make you feel welcome. I am going tomorrow as it has been a while, but I know that I will love avery minute. I have been to some of the others and I like Shi Chi the best. Good food, very relaxed.

Columbus, Ohio
“Best in the Columbus Area”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Shi Chi has everything you expect from a Japanese Steak house and more. The chefs prepare the food in an extraordinary show on a Teppanyaki table. What seperates Shi Chi from the rest is that they do not rush you in and out, the staff is very friendly.

The food is always commendable and more than any of us ever can finish. They offer a lunch menu at about half the price of the dinner menu.

They are willing to accomodate special occasions and large groups. They have a seperate area that will seat about 50 that was perfect to host our office Christmas party.