“A good meal in the 'burbs.”
Review of Oscar's of Dublin

Oscar's of Dublin
Reserve with OpenTable
Oscar's of Dublin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 226 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North St.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We're used to the good food that has come to Columbus in the past few years... the city has gone from a culinary wasteland to a real foodie destination in the past couple of decades. Most of the great places are within five or ten minutes of downtown. Oscar's, of Dublin, is a comfortable meal, offering great food, good service, and a perfect ambiance for conversation with friends and family. This place is a keeper.

1  Thank JohnC33
There are newer reviews for Oscar's of Dublin

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went to Oscars for the first time in years and sat at the bar knowing we only wanted an appetizer and drinks. The female bartender had a bad attitude. My husband needs to eat Gluten free so when I asked if the calamari was gluten free, she said no, it definitely could not be. It wasn't that we couldn't get it (we run into this all the time and are used to it and order something else) but it was that she was so unprofessional and unkind about it, treating us like 2nd class citizens for having a food allergy. Then we ordered a cheese board and I asked for the bread to be on a separate plate (again, b/c for GF purposes!) and she said, again with an attitude, "It's on the end of the plate." and I said, "I asked for it to be separate and I need it separate." Both my husband and I were stunned. Never had we been treated like that at a restaurant when we ask for GF. And then to top it off, the cheese board (which cost $9) was measly. 3 slivers of pear, a teaspoon of fig jam and about 4 ounces of cheese. but hey, the bread came on a separate plate! Never again will we go to Oscars. There are a ton of restaurants in Columbus that cater to GF patrons so thankfully we have a lot to choose from and don't need to rely on Oscars.

1  Thank AT40
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I went for restaurant week. The calamari was over cooked and chewy with no flavor. My husband had the seafood risotto which was so thick you could've picked it up in a ball and threw it across the street and had an awful overwhelming chili flavor. I had the "filet mignon" which I put in quotations because filets are round and about 1 - 2" inches thick. My "filet" was flat and about 1/4" thick and had a lot of gristle and fat that I had to cut off and leave. Then we had to wait 20 mins for our mediocre desserts. Besides the wait for dessert my wine glass was dry for 15 mins and my husbands water was never refilled. Poor service, even worse food.

1  Thank RomaTraveled
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Surprised that this place provided great food, great atmosphere and great service. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank srcesq
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The renovated and renewed Oscar's is a hit with me. Much better seating patterns and a menu that had some good variety of offerings with creativity in tastes and textures. Moderate pricing for the quality and creativity of the fare, and much better seating plans indoors.

Patio dining area looks good too, but haven't tried it yet.

1  Thank jbdub