“Quaint greek cafe!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

.Quaint little greek cafe. We dined on a Saturday afternoon. We were seated quickly, and our drink order was taken. Our drinks and complementary house pita bread came out quick. Our waiter, Dan, made several menu recommendations.  We ended up ordering the saganaki (greek cheese dish) on his recommendation. It was served on fire, and lemon was added table side. It tasted delicious! We then had the lentil soup, lemon chicken soup, hummus pita, and gyro. All were amazing. Each was well seasoned,  and the homemade taste came through to delight. The only regret is we were too full for baklava! Remmonend for a casual meal with friends or family.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've lived in Columbus for 12 years and I could just slap myself for not trying this restaurant before now. I've passed by 100's of times, always thinking I'd stop in some day, but never got around to it until tonight. Wow, was I impressed! The restaurant is a little hole in the wall off of Sawmill as you head toward Powell. As soon as you enter, you're greeted by a very friendly young man with a Greek accent. There are only about a dozen tables. The wall is covered with a panorama of Greece and gives one the sense that you are looking out from a balcony to the white-washed homes and blue ocean below.

The restaurant offers a nice variety of appetizers, soups and salads, along with a significant number of Greek chicken, lamb, and seafood dishes. We ordered the tzatziki for starters (cucumber, yogurt and garlic dip). Yum! So light and refreshing! Wine was a $1 off/glass on the night we visited, but we did not order alcohol. My dinner guest ordered the Dolmathakia dinner (six stuffed grape leaves with lemon potatoes) and could not stop raving about them. I can vouch for them, too, as I managed to steal a bite from her plate. The filling was nicely seasoned and the leaves did not have that overly-bitter taste they can get. I ordered the Pastitsio - a baked macaroni dish layered with ground beef, grated cheeses, and delicious seasonings - all covered with a dreamy bechamel cream. I tried to identify the seasonings and could only come up with nutmeg. I'd love to know what other seasonings are in this wonderful dish. And it was NOT heavy - as you might expect it to be. It was light and scrumptious. The lemon potatoes were very good as well.

Our waiter was a delight and told us about the Sunday buffett, from 11 - 3, where one may sample all of Anna's Greek Cuisine's delicious specialties. Trust me, we'll be there! On the evening we were there, Anna, herself, strolled around the restaurant and greeted the guests during a break from the kitchen.

I also ordered two gyro platters to go for my husband and son back at home. They are self-proclaimed gyro "connoisseurs" and deemed these to be very good.

Now that I have FINALLY discovered this local treasure, I have a new favorite restaurant and a lovely place to take out-of-town guests who come to visit. I highly recommend Anna's Greek Cuisine.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Many of Anna's items taste so much like my Yaya's! I have never been disappointed with the food or service. I have been there on the week-ends where they have had a belly dancer too.