“Not worth the prices.”

Cross street: Riverside drive/ 161
NPR, FL
“Not worth the prices.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I took the whole family out to the Montgomery Inn in Dublin, OH. We had eaten there 1 time before right after they opened a few years ago but had not been back. We had also been to the Montgomery Inn in Cincinnati and the Boat House on the river. The Inn at Dublin is a nice place but I would only rate the food average. But the prices are really high. My wife and son and daughter in law, and 2 and 4 year old grandkids bill came to $150 not counting tips and I had only water to drink. My son had a beer and his wife had a mixed drink. Sadly they charged us for the kids who hardly ate anything.. They should have a bit cheaper items for little kids or they should let kids under 4 eat free. I would have to say that I cannot recommend this restaurant because of their high prices and lack of letting small children eat for cheap or for free. Making the portions very small and making it free for the little ones would be the best thing. All in all the food is not that great for the prices. At City BBQ you could stuff your whole family with the best BBQ around for what Montgomery Inn charges for 1 meal.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Larry L

Hilliard, Ohio
“Another BBQ style restaurant”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This would have been good if they had an outstanding product, but the flavors weren't there. Seems to be the same o, same o type of meals. I tried the other guests food and it was OK.

Visited June 2012
Marysville, ohio
“Cost too much for only so-so food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I went to Montgomery Inn on January 12, 2013, a Saturday night around 6pm and you would think they would be packed.....not the case. I thought maybe we got lucky because the place had been so busy since they opened.
I think I understand why now. For 4 people, two of which had sandwiches, my husband had ONE beer and a half rack of ribs, I also had a half rack of ribs, no appetisers no other adult drinks... the total without tip was $95.17.
Not sure what the hype is about with the ribs because they were not stellar.
The lady serving us was nice and helpful so I cannot complain about the service.
I cant recommend this place. I think there are tastier options for alot less money.

• Visited January 2013
VW_Lupo_TD
“far from the best ribs in town”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

i could have went to city bbq 4 times and had a city sampler platter for two or about 10 times and ate by myself. It was simply not good even if it had cost half - $26 for ribs and duck just raises the level of expectation to something that this place cannot deliver. duck was dry and the ribs were as well. this place is way over hyped. service was good. To sum it all up the best thing was the onion straws. I consider myself a bbq / rib connoisseur and travel all over the country for work - i have had pappy's smoke house ribs in st. louis, MO on multiple occasions for a 4th of the cost. My bar might be set higher than others, but still - this was simply not acceptable. had i not have been there on business i would have argued over paying the check.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank VW_Lupo_TD
Columbus, Ohio
“Montgomery Inn in Dublin”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The ribs were outstanding! I was very impressed. They were tender and fell off the bone. I really loved the Saratoga chips, which I recommend. I also recommend the Greek meatballs as an appetizer. They are very unique. The food is very good. The service is outstanding. They are very attentive to your needs. The atmosphere is very relaxed and there is plenty of rooms between the tables. If you are looking for great value, you will not necessarily see it here. The prices are a bit on the pricey side. They offer a brisket sandwich, but no brisket dinner. Overall, you will enjoy this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012