“Great hotel with great amenities-phenomenal location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
Columbus, Ohio
“Great hotel with great amenities-phenomenal location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

I have stayed with my family here numerous times and we all really enjoy it, whether it's for my relatives conferences or just an affordable getaway not far from downtown C-bus, Dublin or any of Columbus' great shopping areas. Personally, I really enjoy the luxury of clean rooms, a good breakfast and a prime location. The only setback is the breakfast and Kickback food choices are primarily non-vegetarian/vegan. It can be irritating going to a large city and finding so little choices.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2010

I truely love to stay at Drury properties. This one however has some problems. My wife and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of OSU vs Uof M. game. Friday evening at their kickoff "meal" my wife was nearly knocked to the floor twice by out of control children. This is a parent problem not the fault of the hotel. There was a manager however, in the dinning area who saw my wife, with cane in hand run into twice before I could cross the room to help her. The manager said and did nothing. I went to the desk to complain and got what do you expect us to do! Needless to say we did not go to any of the meals the rest of our stay. Saturday morning started early for me as I work at the shoe and needed to be there very earily. I waited almost ten minutes for the cold water to warm up. It did not! I got ready and stopped at the desk to ask if they had a hot water problem this morning? I was told no one else complained ( it was five a.m. no wonder) I asked if a maintance person could check into it? I was told as soon as one arrived to work that morning they would check it out. My wife informed me one showed around two p. m. and told her rooms on the first floor at that end of the building always have hot water issues. Next morning same problem NO HOT WATER! Being a V I P member my bill was put under my door Sunday morning. I had been comped one night. I went to the desk on my way out and asked why the one free night. I was told because of the hot water issue on Saturday morning. I asked why not two nights since the problems persist. She responded she did not know I had had a problem Sunday morning as well. I asked her if that section of the building always has a hot water problem. She replyed it did sometimes, but not every guest complained. So she was not sure it was always a problem. She then told me the building was old and they were going to renovate it soon because of the hot water issues and some other problems. Hello! Believe it or not , that weekend the hotel was not filled. So why rent those rooms in that small section of the building , or just be honest and inform people of the problem. The biggest issue is not paying for one night or two, it is the the lack of good management.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mebucki
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Thank you for taking your time to inform us of the issues you encountered while a guest this past November. I sincerely apoloize for our unresponsiveness and inability to provide you with a pleasant stay. I noticed you have also stayed at our Drury Inn & Suites in Nashville, TN where you had an enjoyable evening, as a result, I am sure you know your experiences over the weekend in Ohio are not only atypical for Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Northwest but for the company as a whole. We pride ourselves on our ability to exceed our guests expectations with our service, amenities and overall value.

While we always enjoy to hear the many pleasant things our guests have to say, we especially appreciate when guests notify us of our areas of opportunity as that gives us valuable information to improve our product or services. You highlighted several issues we will review with our team to ensure your experience does not get repeated for future guests. I would be more than happy to credit you for the second night of your stay if you would contact me directly so as to ensure I am giving credit to the proper person. Again, thank you for your time and your feedback. We do hope you will give us an additional opportunity to prove that we can do better.

Hospitably,
Jessica Bosak
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was easy to get to, with several restaurants in walking distance.The woman at the desk was pleasant and helpful. She found me a better discount than I knew that I had. Rooms were clean and ok size. Pool was indoor/outdoor and refreshing, but it was a bit small, but with only one other couple there, it was fine. I would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here for a softball tournament, the staff was great, even allowing a late check-out and a discounted Sunday night when the games were rained out on Sunday morning.

• Stayed July 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

While not the the latest design it offers what my wife and I look for in hotels Clean comfortable surroundings with an exceptional staff. We especially like the pet friendliness of Drury Hotel. Oh yeah and the waffles are GREAT. That's why we stay in Drury's whenever they are available.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

All I have to say is that Drury Hotels anywhere are usually consistant and excellent from check-in to check-out. I need say nothing more than that!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

This Inn has a wonderful staff. Very attentive and friendly. I stay here often and they always recognize me as a frequent guest, upon walking in. The know my name. The breakfast is great and managers reception in the evening a nice touch! The rates are good and they are willing to bargain when you just walk in with out a reservation and have open rooms. Very convenience to restaurants and there is a huge mall across the street.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business