“Great Operation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
margaritaville
“Great Operation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We were in town to visit the zoo among other places. The staff at Drury Inn was awesome. When we arrived we ordered extra towels and pillows from the fron desk. Within ten minutes our request was fulfilled. The happy hour social in the lobby was also nice. We had dinner reservations for later in the evening so the beverages and appetizers they had out were enough to fight off our hunger. The people are nice the facility is nice also. I def. would not think twice about staying at this property again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank loudydog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Clayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Have stayed at Drury Inns before so I knew what to expect. The place was clean but seemed like some of the furnishings were a little outdated. Enjoyed the 5:30 kickback and breakfast - where the hotel manager was in attendence each time, talking with guests and informed me that a complete remodel will take place later this year. Facilites were fine, enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool with my son (27 degrees and snowing!). Also took advantage of the free -wifi in the room and the popcorn and soda in the evening. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nycbig8487
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Wanted to get away with my family for a couple of days for pleasure, heard all good things about the "Drury Inn." Well lets just say I have stayed in a lot of hotels within my lifetime for business and pleasure and this trip was terrible. First, upon checking in, had to sign a paper for the "rules." That should of told me something then. Got to our room, a delux suite that was very small. The pictures on the Internet are a joke. The pool was also very small and dirty, so I was looking foward to the hottub, and it was not "hot" dirt floating on top and I could feel dirt and sand like stuff all over the botom as I walked.The "Fitness Center, consist of two treadmills and that's it! Later, at 5:30 "Kickback" which ends at 7:00, the food was very limited, hotdogs, chips,and potatos. The alcohol drinks are also a joke beer, yes, but they use the little bitty clear plastic cups a couple of sips and gone! Quiet time. Securty lady scary

Room Tip: Pick another hotel...Any Hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jill H
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel - it helps us to improve what we do. I sincerely apologize for the issues you brought to our attention that caused you to have such a bad experience with us. We hope to earn your business again if you would give us a second chance.

Hospitably,

Andrea Ellerbrock
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Northwest
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about the Drury chain! I have a problem with the property in Dublin Ohio however. Great stay,good food,clean room,friendly staff. I booked a room with my gold key points. My plans changed and I had to add a night. I called the the hotel so I could explain the situation and not have to check in each morning. I was told that I would indeed have to check in twice. No problem, I said I would go back on line to get the esaver rate and I was told not nessary. When I checked in the second morning and was quoted the rate I asked what about the esaver rate? I was told rate I had was better than the esaver rate! NO! Then I was told the esaver rate was not avalible for this night. NO! Then I was told since I did not make my reservation on line I could not get the lower rate. NO! A half hour later I was given the lower rate. Why put your loyal customers through this hassle? I have had problems with this property before and in the end they have done the right thing. My question is why all the excueses and why give your guess such a hard time. In the end you do the right thing. So do it right from the beginning and save everyone a lot of time.! I have learned my lesson and Grove City I'll see you in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the back of the building! Dumpster is picked up at five a.m. and it will wake you!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mebucki
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the opportunity to review your feedback, as it helps me to constantly reevaluate what we do here at the hotel to ensure we can deliver a high level of service. I regret that we made it so difficult for you to make your reservations, and the inconsistent answers you received. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our overall guest service. I appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Hospitably,
Andrea Ellerbrock
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at the Drury for a last minute trip to Columbus and couldn't be happier. The complimentary "snack hour" was perfect for snacking and watching the Buckeyes. It included hot dogs, nachos, veggies and dip, baked potatos, chips, and even 3 adult beverages per adult guest! The room was very spacious and clean. We really like the separate rooms for the washroom and shower/water closet. My initial concern with the shampoo/conditioner/shower gel dispenser in the shower was put to rest after further investigation and the determination that it couldn't be tampered with. Overall, an A+ experience and we'll keep the Drury in mind for our next trip to Columbus.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Frank B
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

the staff here are all very friendly and helpful. my boyfriend lost his glasses and when we called to see if we had found them they had already mailed them back to us! the room is also very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Every Drury Inn I have ever stayed at was always excellent, this one was no exception. Their reception in the afternoon and breakfast cannot be beat. The only complaint is after the afternoon reception you sometimes don't want to go out for dinner, so control yourself.
What a Staff!! Everyone was so outgoing, cheerful & friendly. Really made you feel welcome.
Whenever traveling I check to see if there is one in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends