“First experience at Staybridge”

Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
Indonesia
“First experience at Staybridge”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We booked this hotel one month before our arrival and as Platinum member of IHG Rewards Club, we are entitled for room upgrade; therefore, we contacted the hotel directly asked for upgrade to two bedroom suite and they agreed to meet our request. By the time we arrived at the hotel, they are unable to give us two bedroom suite as they promised with reason that the hotel is at full occupancy. I'm very disappointed because we came with 4 adults and 3 children and we asked before. Unless we came there without even mentioned in advance with our request.

By the way the suite is good enough even though we have to cramp with 7 people in one bedroom suite. The room is very clean with good amenities from coffee, tea, popcorn and toiletries. Breakfast also provide rice with miso soup and so many choices we can grab. The location is near the big shopping malls and Wallmart.

Overall we liked the hotel, if they do honor our request we would have given them full ratings. However, after staying at so many hotels under Priority club hotels in USA, it seemed they rarely upgrade room for loyal Platinum member. That is something seldom happened when I stay in Priority Cub hotels across Asia, where we most of the time got room upgrade.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ucartech
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
ucartech,

Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! I’m sorry that we were not able to honor your requested upgrade. When a guest books a standard room with us, they are booking the last room available, and while we always upgrade our guests when there is availability, there are times in which we don’t have the rooms available to upgrade. We would love to have you come back and stay with us! You can personally call me and I will take care of the upgrades for you!

At Your Service

Amy Hull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Harrison, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My sister and I brought our 5 little girls (granddaughters and niece) to Columbus to visit American Girl Doll Store. We loved this hotel from the moment we walked in. We had a 2 bedroom suite. It was awesome. Clean, comfortable, well stocked kitchen - meaning dishes and glasses - and did I mention CLEAN!!!
The staff was first class all the way! Not only did they meet our expectations, they interacted with the girls...treating them like superstars, making our stay even more enjoyable!
We could not have asked for anything better.
To quote our little travelers - ages 10,9,8, and two 7-year-olds...This hotel rocks! We agreed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathy D
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Kathy D,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We love the honest feedback from our guests! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Our team is dedicated to making all of our guests feel welcomed and comfortable! We cant wait until you guys come back and visit us!

Mineral Ridge, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Staybridge for a long weekend in June. We booked a one bedroom king suite and I was very impressed by the room. It really has everything you might need to make a stay pleasant. The full kitchen with a microwave helps a lot. They even give you a bag of microwave popcorn for a snack. The room was very clean and updated and the bed is very comfortable. They also had one of the best breakfast offerings we've seen at a hotel, great variety of foods. The exercise room had plenty of equipment to get a sweat going and the laundry room is a great help. I am looking forward to coming back to Columbus so we can stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our property! We are so glad that you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities! Our staff is dedicated to making our hotel a Great Hotel that Guests Love and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can’t wait until you come back and stay with us again!

Cincinnati
Reviewed July 9, 2013

First time guest at Staybridge Suites. Did not disappoint. Although our stay was just 3 nights, I could live here. Staff was responsive and sensitive to the needs of my handicapped companion.
Immediate response to maintenance issue. Front desk staff very helpful. Pool area pleasant and clean, but no hot tub :(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jan D,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us, and I can’t wait to share your review with our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us here at the Staybridge!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The recent remodeling made this hotel even better...and I had loved it before!
Every aspect of the hotel....interior decor beautiful, really lovely patio and garden, great amenities, the room/suite is designed perfectly with beautiful & comfortable furniture, the internet worked great.
The entire property and the room was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Janet N,

I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I are dedicated to providing a clean, comfortable hotel for our guests to enjoy. I am glad you are pleased with the renovations we've made to the hotel and courtyard area, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Your Staybridge Suites Staff
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Seriously...you will be completely satisfied with your decision when you stay here. Everything is better than expected...loved that we could bring our pup. Loved that we saved at least $50 with the complimentary "grill-out" supper. Planning our next stay here already.

• Stayed June 2013
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor! I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and that your pup got to enjoy it with you! My staff and I are committed to making the Staybridge Suites Dublin a great hotel that guests LOVE, and we are feeling the LOVE!!! I will make sure to share your fabulous comments with the rest of my team, and we all look forward to your next visit!

Springfield
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I used TripAdvisor to help me select a hotel for our recent visit to Columbus, Ohio. Based on the reviews, I selected Staybridge Suites. It was a perfect choice! We loved our suite. It had two bedrooms, a kitchen and a living area. This allowed my mother,who has mobility issues , to have the privacy of her own room and the knowledge that help was close if she needed it. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. When we return to Columbus, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of us here on TripAdvisor! I’m delighted that your two bedroom suite worked out so perfectly for your family during your stay with us here. I will be sure to pass along the wonderful comments to my entire team! Thanks for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to your next stay with us!