“Probably the best you can do in this price range in this area”

Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Probably the best you can do in this price range in this area”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

As far as a budget priced hotel, you can't do much better than here. It's in the middle of an office park type area so not a lot of character to be had. Yet the hotel itself is very nicely kept, staff was friendly, and free breakfast was awesome with lots of hot and cold options. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The room I stayed in had a full size kitchen as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
pleed3, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We strive to offer a great value in a serene surrounding. I am glad that you found your suite to be spacious and outfitted with the amenities necessary to enjoy your stay! We pride ourselves on our top notch service and hotel amenities!

Should you be traveling back to the Dublin area in the future, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel due to it's proximely to the Columbus Zoo, and loved it. There were 5 of us on this trip, so the 2nd bedroom in the suite was perfect. Not to mention having 2 bathrooms. The rooms were clean, beds very comfortable and having the kitchen in the room came in very handy with 2 kids! The only issue was the pool. It was, well to be honest, dirty. The kids used the pool once and refused to use it again as they were put off by the dirt in the pool. As we were there specifically to go to the zoo, we weren't planning on using the pool much, so it didn't turn out to be a huge deal. The hotel is close to the zoo, shopping and restaurants. I didn't have any experience with this hotel chain, and only booked it after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We stayed at 5 different hotels on this years road trip, and turned out that this one is the best! I only wish I had booked the same hotel chain for the rest of the trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
pleed3, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us!

We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests' expectations! I do apologize that we fell short regarding the condition of the pool at the time your family used it.

I am glad that your family enjoyed your experience while visiting the Dublin OH area. The Columbus Zoo is definitely a fantastic attraction and we enjoy seeing our "little guests" enjoying the zoo!

I appreciate your candid feedback, and should you be traveling to the Dublin area in the future, we look forward to having you and your family as our guest again!
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed here on a trip to visit daughter at Ohio St. and was impressed; All the room we needed, service was exceptional; Was so much better than the last place we stayed we vowed never to settle again. Even left a tip for housekeepers which we seldom do.
Will try to frequent this chain again.

Room Tip: always ask about the "manager's special" or "executive special" probably no...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay at our property!

Our # 1 priority is to achieve 100 % complete guest satisfaction with each and every guest - I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations, and offered a spacious suite and top notch service!

I will certainly share your comments with our entire team!

We look forward to having you as our guest during your next visit to OSU!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our stay was starting out nice but then our TV didn’t work in one of the bedrooms and a remote was missing in the other bedroom along with the buttons on the thermostat sticking. Maintenance came and fixed everything but the thermostat. The 2nd day the light in one bathroom went out and a lamp bulb went out and the lamp fixture was loose when they came to change it. The 3rd day we noticed one of the bedroom locks did not work, the fan in one bathroom stopped working, closet door knobs were loose, and then housekeeping did not show up that Friday morning or afternoon so I called the front desk and was told they would be up shortly. They never showed so I called them again from my cell phone as the room phone did not get a dial tone all of a sudden. I also mentioned the new maintenance problem and was told that Maintenance was already gone for the day. We left to go to the Ohio State Fair. When we returned at 10:30 p.m. our door was OPEN!!! Housekeeping did make a visit but left our door OPEN!!! We had some things in our room that we would have been upset if someone else would have come along and taken after Housekeeping left the door ajar. We went down to the front desk to let them know and we were told that it was too late to call the manager at home and that he would call the manager the next day. The next morning we went to the front desk and a new staff member had NO knowledge of the situation. She called the manager at home who advised her to refund us the last night in full. Then the manager wanted our phone number to call us at home on Monday morning. He hasn’t called yet and it’s now Monday afternoon so we’ll see what else happens….. Not sure about going back here although the dinners and breakfasts were pretty good.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanie1971
Chris S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Joanie1971,

Thank you for your candid feedback. Please allow me to introduce myself as the new General Manager at the Staybridge Suites Columbus-Dublin. The hotel is under new Ownership and Management as of December, 2011. I can assure you that, as many of our guests have posted on here, our #1 Priority is to provide an experience that our guests LOVE! My sincerest apolgies that when you were here last year that was not the experience that you had. I hope that if your travels bring you to Dublin again that you would consider giving the hotel another try - I am fully available and would be happy to speak to you if there is anything I can help you with.

Yours in Hospitality,

Chris Shinkle
Chicago
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I will go out of my way to stay here when I am in the area. Everyone goes out of their way to name your stay good. I love their sundowners during the week- Tues-Thurs- they grill one night and do a buffet from local restaurants the other- includes your drink and it is included in the price of your room. Their included breakfast is more extensive too.the rooms have cooking facilities and the beds are comfortable

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank bcirish
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed at Staybridge Suites with our baseball team and the first time at this hotel..amazing!! The rooms are large, FULL kitchen, large lobby/sitting area and a courtyard with 2 grills. This was awesome to have. Grilled out for the entire team and they let us use the meeting room. Very friendly staff and extremely helpful. We are going back in July and can't wait. Wish we could stay at a Staybridge Suites everytime we go out of town, this one spoiled us!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Stewartsville, New Jersey
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Awesome hotel and a great value. Rooms are nice and well appointed, breakfast is free and above average in quality. Evening snacks and beer/wine included. Internet is free. They even let me use the boardroom (off the lobby) free for a meeting one morning for 2 hours! Above all, everyone on the staff is extremely nice and helpful. Finally, they made copies of a presentation for me from a flash drive that I needed in a hurry prior to my customer meeting, and they did it happily! And really finally, I was able to check out late at no charge.

Room Tip: No preference on room location
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business