“"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
Suffern, New York
“"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The first room we were given smelled like nicotine. We promptly went to the front desk, where the very nice clerk gave us a different room. This one smelled like a gym locker. This time, the clerk came to us to give us one more room. The smell was adequate. All through it, the clerk was very apologetic and very kind and understanding. The room was spacious, and the delicious smell of the soap made up for the smells of the previous rooms; it smelled like marachino cherries. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast is not served in this hotel, but there are quite a few restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Judy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing the Red Roof Inn. I apologize for any inconvenience
you had while switching rooms. We also took care of the odor you had in the others. Hope to see you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Yes, they say they have free wifi but I've seen stronger signals sitting in MickeyDs parking lot! That is, when there is a signal at all.
Just try to do any work or connect with friends. You better have a data plan or you'll have to sneak over to the Courtyard & try to grab their wifi. Better yet, due to the size of the room & noisy guests, I'd recommend them over this place.

• Stayed September 2013
Judy M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We are sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I will get ahold of are WIFI provider and see if we can fix this problem. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us with providing a better experience.
Judy M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Overall good for the price for a 1 night stay. I've stayed at several red roof inns and this one is by far the cleanest. There was a stain on a blanket, I told the housekeeper and she brought me a fresh blanket. I accidentally booked a smoking room, and I called right up when I noticed my mistake and judy didn't have any non smoking rooms open so she put something in there to take the smoke smell away and we were fine. Jesse let us look at the room before we checked in. He was so nice and helpful! Overall had a nice stay there.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your recognition of our front desk staff. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next trip.
Judy
Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If I wanted to smell like a bar I would have slept in one. My sister and I came here for a wedding, we booked a room with 2 beds and for NON SMOKING. When we arrived we were given a smoking room, which we didn't know until we opened the door to the room. It wreaked so bad we were gagging non stop but we didn't want to be difficult so we tried to deal with it but 10 minutes and we both felt ill. When we went to the front desk to tell them they gave us a smoking room when we specifically paid for a non smoking room they did nothing to remedy the situation. All the non smoking rooms were booked and we were stuck. AWESOME! We had to suffer for 2 days in that mess, we weren't offered an apology or a discount or anything and it wasn't even our mistake. Our wedding clothes smelled of smoke, the beds smelled of smoke so all night I am inhaling stagnant smoke from the bed sheets which in the morning made me feel hoarse and sick, not to mention it was hard to get to sleep because of it too. It was disgusting. If you offer smoking rooms you should at LEAST clean them up and get rid of the scent, I used to be a smoker and I KNOW it's possible to get rid of that smell but they didn't do anything to make their smoking rooms seem clean at all. Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they want to sleep in a putrid smelling room so even if I were currently still smoking, I'd be pretty pissed about the disgusting layers upon layers of stench. I am pretty mad about the situation because all of our things smelled of smoke and it made my car then smell like it too and we got nothing for their mistake.

Room Tip: I'd say get non smoking but it wouldn't matter, they are going to overbook the non smoking n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zellywelly
I am sorry about your stay in November 2012. We have been under new ownerhsip since May of this year. Going through construction soon and all rooms will be non smoking. Along with new furniture package and flat screen TV's.
Judy M
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

It was ok in general because of the location. However, there is no microwave, fridge or hairdryers in the rooms, rooms are very small and smell a bit musty, towels are lacking in number and were fraying, and air conditioner unit power was not very strong throughout the room. Beds were ok for comfort but only one pillow per person. Probably would stay somewhere else next time we are in the area, which is fairly often.

• Stayed August 2013
Judy M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are about to begin our renovation which will update our rooms and have them all include a fridge, microwave and in room hair dryer, instead of only a portion having them. Our desk is staffed 24/7 and is always happy to provide extra supplies to our guests. We value your business and would look forward to you giving us another opportunity down the road.

Front Office Manager
James
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here while driving through on summer vacation. We were very pleased to find it located in an upscale, quiet, well kept and safe looking part of town. There are plenty of restaurants and shops within a very short drive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room had been renovated, except for the TV. However, the huge old TV did get a good picture, so it was OK with us. We understand that they will be changing the TVs to flat screens soon. We found the room very clean and the king size bed especially comfortable. The price was very reasonable which added to our enjoyment. If we are ever in the Columbus area again, this is where we'd like to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time at our property and look forward to your next visit.

Front Office Manager
James
Au Train, Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Was greeted with a smile...check in was very efficient. Very good value for a nice room. Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable... Bob Evans Restaurant right across the parking lot. We also felt that this was a pretty safe area. Would recommend if you want a no frills motel.

Room Tip: We had a superior king......
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Penny F
Judy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We are happy you had a nice stay and hope to see you again on your next visit.
Judy