“Wifi? We don't need no stinkin' wifi!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Yes, they say they have free wifi but I've seen stronger signals sitting in MickeyDs parking lot! That is, when there is a signal at all.
Just try to do any work or connect with friends. You better have a data plan or you'll have to sneak over to the Courtyard & try to grab their wifi. Better yet, due to the size of the room & noisy guests, I'd recommend them over this place.

• Stayed: September 2013
Judy M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We are sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I will get ahold of are WIFI provider and see if we can fix this problem. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us with providing a better experience.
Judy M

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Overall good for the price for a 1 night stay. I've stayed at several red roof inns and this one is by far the cleanest. There was a stain on a blanket, I told the housekeeper and she brought me a fresh blanket. I accidentally booked a smoking room, and I called right up when I noticed my mistake and judy didn't have any non smoking rooms open so she put something in there to take the smoke smell away and we were fine. Jesse let us look at the room before we checked in. He was so nice and helpful! Overall had a nice stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your recognition of our front desk staff. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If I wanted to smell like a bar I would have slept in one. My sister and I came here for a wedding, we booked a room with 2 beds and for NON SMOKING. When we arrived we were given a smoking room, which we didn't know until we opened the door to the room. It wreaked so bad we were gagging non stop but we didn't want to be difficult so we tried to deal with it but 10 minutes and we both felt ill. When we went to the front desk to tell them they gave us a smoking room when we specifically paid for a non smoking room they did nothing to remedy the situation. All the non smoking rooms were booked and we were stuck. AWESOME! We had to suffer for 2 days in that mess, we weren't offered an apology or a discount or anything and it wasn't even our mistake. Our wedding clothes smelled of smoke, the beds smelled of smoke so all night I am inhaling stagnant smoke from the bed sheets which in the morning made me feel hoarse and sick, not to mention it was hard to get to sleep because of it too. It was disgusting. If you offer smoking rooms you should at LEAST clean them up and get rid of the scent, I used to be a smoker and I KNOW it's possible to get rid of that smell but they didn't do anything to make their smoking rooms seem clean at all. Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they want to sleep in a putrid smelling room so even if I were currently still smoking, I'd be pretty pissed about the disgusting layers upon layers of stench. I am pretty mad about the situation because all of our things smelled of smoke and it made my car then smell like it too and we got nothing for their mistake.

Room Tip: I'd say get non smoking but it wouldn't matter, they are going to overbook the non smoking n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zellywelly

I am sorry about your stay in November 2012. We have been under new ownerhsip since May of this year. Going through construction soon and all rooms will be non smoking. Along with new furniture package and flat screen TV's.
Judy M

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

It was ok in general because of the location. However, there is no microwave, fridge or hairdryers in the rooms, rooms are very small and smell a bit musty, towels are lacking in number and were fraying, and air conditioner unit power was not very strong throughout the room. Beds were ok for comfort but only one pillow per person. Probably would stay somewhere else next time we are in the area, which is fairly often.

• Stayed: August 2013
Judy M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are about to begin our renovation which will update our rooms and have them all include a fridge, microwave and in room hair dryer, instead of only a portion having them. Our desk is staffed 24/7 and is always happy to provide extra supplies to our guests. We value your business and would look forward to you giving us another opportunity down the road.

Front Office Manager
James

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here while driving through on summer vacation. We were very pleased to find it located in an upscale, quiet, well kept and safe looking part of town. There are plenty of restaurants and shops within a very short drive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room had been renovated, except for the TV. However, the huge old TV did get a good picture, so it was OK with us. We understand that they will be changing the TVs to flat screens soon. We found the room very clean and the king size bed especially comfortable. The price was very reasonable which added to our enjoyment. If we are ever in the Columbus area again, this is where we'd like to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time at our property and look forward to your next visit.

Front Office Manager
James

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Was greeted with a smile...check in was very efficient. Very good value for a nice room. Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable... Bob Evans Restaurant right across the parking lot. We also felt that this was a pretty safe area. Would recommend if you want a no frills motel.

Room Tip: We had a superior king......
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Penny F
Judy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy you had a nice stay and hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. It's also conveniently located near the Dublin Ohio Irish Festival. Room pricing is reasonable considering the other hotels nearby which were much more expensive.

This location advises they will be undergoing a renovation this year and that the room prices will be higher next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
kent s, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your review and always glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Red Roof Inn in Dublin.