“Good for the price still needs work”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Columbus, Ohio
“Good for the price still needs work”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was very inexpensive and that earns it three stars. The staff was really nice and quick and that should earn it 4 stars. But. I was staying here for a few days while I was in town on business and I payed a little extra in order to get the room that offered more "office" ammenities. That was a joke - it had a long table that kind of resembled a desk, with limited power outlets, a chair that barely moved beacuse the space was so tight, and nothing else. There is free WiFi which is awesome, but it was an awful connection. I was better off tethering my phone to my computer. All that aside I'd be willing to give this 4 stars to encourage families on a budget to use it, but the final 3 stars comes because of the cleanliness. Not up to par. The toilet was not clean when I got there and they didn't seem in a hurry to get working on it. You would think that they would at least wipe down the sink but no...that stayed dirty until I cleaned it before I left. So you get what you pay for, but I would still hope the room could be maintained a little better. Hopefully this property is scheduled for RRI's "next-generation" upgrade which will hopefully make this a much more appealing place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kent s, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your stay at the Red Roof Inn Dublin. I will pass on your comments to our staff. And, we will get to work right away on the problem with the cleanliness in your room. This is unusual for our property and unacceptable. Thanks again for commenting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Charleston, WV
Reviewed December 30, 2012

First, a shout out to Joyce (front desk) and the man who helped shovel my mother's car out from under five inches of snow Saturday morning. These are the kind of employees you find at five-star resorts, not at budget motels. We tipped the maintenance man who went out of his way to shovel snow so we could get on our way. He told us that was only the second tip he received all year. The guy should be getting tips for his hard work every day. And Joyce is the glue that keeps the place together, the person who ensures the place gets a four-star rating. I can't imagine there are too many other Red Roof's with similarly high ratings.

The rooms are sparse but very clean. My only gripe was the room was hot, even after you turned the thermostat down to 60. I noticed a person in a neighboring room had on their airconditioner (it was 25 degrees outside that night) to try to cool the room off. I chose to open the door for a minute or two. Here's hoping that they fix that. I'm sure that Joyce will see to it that that problem is taken care of. She reminds me of an innkeeper at a high-quality bed and breakfast, courteous, friendly and always anticipating a guest's needs. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kent s, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay at our inn. I will make sure that Joyce and Sam see your comments. I am sure they will appreciate it. And we appreciate you staying with us. Hope to see you again soon in Dublin.
Waterford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My daughter, grandson and myself took a trip to the Columbus Zoo to see the Christmas Light display. This Inn is in a very safe location and close to restaurants and major highways. I had requested a portable crib for my grandson and was very pleased that it was already in the room when we arrived-- it was even set-up and contained a fresh sheet and blanket ! Nothing fancy about the room but it was very clean and suited our needs exactly-- staff was extremely friendly! We will remember this hotel if we ever go back to the Columbus area again! Remember also Kids stay free !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kent s, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for the kind words in your review of our inn. I am glad your stay was comfortable and you were made to feel welcome. I hope you enjoyed the trip to zoo and the lights as well. We hope to see you again in Dublin.
Green Springs Ohio USA
Reviewed December 12, 2012

For my wife and myself this Red Roof has been a special place for us.First off,you cant beat the location with easy access to everything,Also its in a very safe location so we feel very secure about us and our vehicle.The rooms are very basic but clean and thats what we care about.Secondly we have found that the front desk staff has always been pleasant and helpful.Any requests we have made have always been cheerfully granted.As far as issues dont expect any frills and the crt tvs are average to say the best.Biggest issue for my wife is the THE TOY BARN exotic car dealer is across the street and I always have to stop in,amazing cars to say the least

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
kent s, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for sending in a review about your stays at our inn. I am glad that you have found us to be safe, clean and in a great location. I agree--it is difficult coming in to work each day and seeing those amazing cars across the street. Hope to see you soon again in Dublin. Maybe we can have a discussion about those beautiful automobiles.
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Pretty typical of a budget accommodation. Our room was not remodeled but was clean and had carpet newer than the bedding. Shower, sink and faucets all worked well with plenty of hot water. Heating system was not fan driven and quiet and effective. If you have problems sleeping the bedding will not please but all normal sleepers will be fine. Our room was quiet despite having neighbors either side. The outside entrance for all rooms does cause some foot traffic noise commensurate with the occupancy rate. Our two night stay was fine, you get what you pay for.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
kent s, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for writing a review concerning your recent stay with us in Dublin. I am glad that you found your room clean and comfortable and that you found us to be a reasonable option. I hope to see you again soon in Dublin.
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed here more than once, and found this Red Roof Inn cares about making their guests welcome. Room requests (be it type of room or location of room) are well managed, and their desk staff friendly. I liked the superior business king type room as it has a desk/counter and chair, in addition to the usual room decor. The heat worked well (the electric wall heat was near the ceiling and silent.) The fan/ac was a newer model. Flat screen tv, but not many channels. Room was generally clean. (The bathroom floor could have been cleaner, though.) Towels clean and in good condition. Sheets, bedding, clean and comfortable. Quiet at night. Near shopping malls and supermarkets. Dublin itself, is charming and worth the five minute drive to see!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay with us in Dublin. I am happy that you found our staff friendly and helpful and that you had a good stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Another couple along with my wife and myself needed to be in Dublin for a long weekend. We chose Red Roof for the price and that was our first mistake.

After checking in and going to our room, we found the commode didn't work. I called the front desk and they had no maintenance man on duty in the evening to fix it. So, we packed back up and they moved us to a new room. We were running late for a dinner appointment with some friends and immediately left for the restaurant.

After returning to the hotel later that evening we wanted to turn the HVAC system on and it didn't work. Still no maintenance man of course, so they moved us to another room.

Everything seemed to be OK this time.

But, note, they don't provide a box of tissues, only a little packet that has a few in it. No hair dryer, not conditioner, as most larger hotel chains provide. The towels are very small, too.

We are seniors and they put us in second floor rooms and there is no elevator.

At least it was clean and the staff was very friendly and truly embarrassed by all the problems we had.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
kent s, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mr. FSS,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the problems that you had during your stay. Our staff will work hard to make sure these problems are solved prior to guests arrival.
I am happy that you found the rooms clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

We hope that you will give us another try in the future and look forward to serving you then.