“Good basic clean room”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
Michigan, USA
“Good basic clean room”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed on a Friday and Saturday night while attending a trade show at the nearby Embassy Suites. The location was perfect. There is a Bob Evans within walking distance. The room was very basic with two beds, color TV (CRT), wi-fi, toiletries and towels. No coffee maker and no breakfast but we weren't paying for it either. The pillow were foam filled and not real comfy. The room was clean. The TV reception on some of the channels was very poor. The courtesy coffee in the lobby was cold. The staff was friendly and helpful. The building and grounds are showing some wear and tear but are clean. We would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank straitsdiver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I only stayed for one day as I was taking a road trip going through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky, and although this was not the fanciest hotel or motel I've stayed at, it was impressive for what it cost and it got the job done, which is the most important thing about it. The beds were of a reasonable size (not too big or small) and were relatively comfortable, and the hotel had all the basic amenities that one would need. The vending machines were interesting too because I saw some miscellaneous hygiene products such as shampoo packets being sold in addition to snacks and drinks, and I believe razors were also there.

I have stayed at many 1 and 2 star motels and hotels in my life, but this one, which is rated two stars, is one of the nicest and cleanest ones I've stayed at. And when I say 1 or 2 star, I don't mean that its bad at all; because hotels of this class are meant to be basic. Of course, this kind of hotel is not comparable to an all-inclusive resort, but I would stay at this hotel for a week's visit if I had to because it had all the amenities that I would need as I said earlier. It was built in 1985 and had a renovation in 1997, and when I went in 2011 it looked fairly new. The room I had was also a smoking room, although there was NO smoke odor, which was great considering that I am a non-smoker. I remember staying at a smoking room at a Ramada in the Carolinas a long time ago, and there was a heavy smoke odor in that room.

The town that its in, Dublin, is a very safe and affluent one. However, the only tourist attraction I can really think of in the area is the Columbus Zoo, although this is more of a residential area. As far as food goes, I was very satisfied with what I found in the Columbus area, and the eateries I visited and recommend include Schmidt's Sausage Haus, Jolly Pirate Donuts, and City BBQ, and they are all within a reasonable driving distance from this Red Roof Inn. With this satisfactory experience, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and I would gladly stay at another Red Roof Inn in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank motorboat46560
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Very good place to spend the night. Room was clean. Exterior doors, so we were able to park right in front of the room. Room was very comfortable. Front desk staff was helpful. Motel was very close to some nice restaurants in Dublin which was great. Would stay here again if traveling through the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jon C
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Due to my apartment being flooded, I recently stayed at this Red Roof Inn location for several days. The location of this propert is very convenient since its right off 270 yet you dont hear any of the 270 traffic. I myself work in the hospitality industry and was pleased by the service I received from Judy, Joyce and Gwenda. They all made me feel right at home and were very welcoming. The room wasnt very spacious especially since i had my infant daughter with us, but was large enough to get by for the few nights i stayed. The room was clean, they did a great job on the bathroom especially. There was a little bit of stuff under the bed but not enough to get upset over a few crumbs. The bed was very comfortable as well. I've stayed in other hotels where the beds are entirely too firm and it was just right. The decor of the room isnt the new version of red roof rooms, but it wasnt too far outdated. Some of the TV channels came in fuzzy and the tv model was older so hopefully this location will be renovated soon. Overall my stay went well and I would recommend this property. A nice place to stay at a nice price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank JBJ1209
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is a standard Red Roof Inn, which I've come to expect to be no frills, but clean and reasonably comfortable for a very good price. The room was fairly large and had blackout curtains. There was a basic toiletries package. Wifi worked fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had forgotten to bring a charger for my phone and asked if they might have one. The woman at the desk showed me a whole drawer full of chargers of all kinds that guests had left behind. There wasn't one that fit my phone, but I appreciated her help in looking for one.

A few minor things. One or two of the lights were harsh flourescent, so I didn't use them. Fortunately there were other lights that were incandescent. There was no hairdryer or coffeemaker, and no breakfast or business rooms, though there's coffee and tea in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Lightingout
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This inn was very clean, nice staff, and pet friendly. They also offer military rates! I would stay there again. I normally don't like staying in motels/inns, however this was exceptional.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Elebia
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Nice basic hotel, close to 270 and very good price, around $50.00.
For a little more you can get a room with a fridge and microwave.
Girl at desk very nice, coffe in lobby is free and newspaper!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family