I stayed at this property for one night in March 2010 while in the area on business. Reservations were made through the Homewood Suites web site for a one bedroom suite with a queen bed. The posted rate was $103.99 per night with a AAA discount.
The hotel is located in an area with considerable shopping and dining options. It is convenient to I-270, but is far enough from the highway that noise is not a concern. The exterior is clean and well maintained. Parking surrounds the building and spaces were available even though the property was heavily sold during my stay.
The lobby area was clean and attractive. The dining area features a fireplace which was a nice touch. Check-in was flawless as all documents were prepared correctly. The staff member offered directions to local eateries and reminded me of the hotel-furnished evening meal.
Hallways and elevators were clean, attractive and well lit. There was no noticeable noise from other rooms.
The suite was smaller than that which I have found at other Homewood properties. Designers addressed this issue by moving to ten foot ceilings to give a feeling of spaciousness. While it helped, there was a definite difference from similar locations.
The room was very clean and tidy. The kitchen area was equipped as typically found at Homewood locations. I was surprised that both the bedroom and living area televisions were not of the flat panel HD variety. This was no problem for a one night stay, but for a longer stay I would expect more.
The bed was comfortable and typical for the chain, but bedding was slightly below standards. The thread count of the sheets seemed to be that which would be found at a lower end property.
The bathroom was very spacious and predominately clean. I was surprised that the bathroom exhaust vent had quite an accumulation of dust and dirt on its surface. This is an attention to detail point that should not have been missed. It had obviously been some time since anyone paid attention to the fan. As is normally found at Homewood, Neutrogena bath products were available.
The morning breakfast was varied but I noted that the hot egg dishes were barely warm. The attendant was polite, helpful and seemed to enjoy her work.
Checkout was easy as the documents were correct. The staff member inquired if directions to my next destination were needed and I was invited back. This was a great example of a customer service focus. At this writing I have yet to see points awarded to my HHonors account for this stay. I have requested addition but am uncertain if this is a local hotel problem or an HHonors problem. I have every confidence that the concern will be addressed to my satisfaction.
This is a nice property with minimal problems. Should the need arise I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel closer to home at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Columbus-Dublin hotel, located at the corner of Bradenton and Parkcenter Avenue in Dublin, Ohio. The quiet corporate center is surrounded by a suburban area close to shopping and restaurants.Relax after work and play at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Columbus-Dublin hotel, where we are committed to your comfort and enjoyment of Columbus and Dublin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Columbus / Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Homewood Suites Dublin
- Hilton Dublin
- Homewood Dublin
- Dublin Hilton
- Dublin Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Columbus / Dublin Ohio