“A mixed stay, OK, but better choices for me in the area”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
“A mixed stay, OK, but better choices for me in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Early Check in was allowed and much appreciated. Room was the smallest 1 bedroom I have ever seen in a Homewood. I could barely walk around the bed, and the desk chair banged the door it was so close. Would NOT want to be here with more than 1 person! Lots of shopping and restaurants in area, incl a large mall. Dinner (incl in rate) was brats and sauerkraut, not a good choice as the smell was rather strong. Hotel was clean, and staff was courteous...so nothing really bad about stay - just think there are better choices in the area but if the price is right, go for it.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank 1192011g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Colorado Rockies
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Temp control messed up in room (108) - Runs even when turned off. Temp in room never matches temp on thermostat. Often too cold unless turned off completely.
Dining room chairs in serious need of steam cleaning.
Meals were mediocre at best, compared to our other Homewood suite stay. Highly processed, overly salty, processed foods. Too much artificial preservatives in the fruit (melon, nasty strawberry syrup instead of real strawberries. Some nasty processed, refined muffins, corn bites, fake nasty “steak” – I DID like the fresh oatmeal, dried fruit and nuts one morning.Coffee creamers that required refrigeration weren't refrigerated (They were not all the UHT creamers that don't require refrigeration.) People could get very ill.
When I complained, I was told “we have to follow corporate guidelines” – yet another Homewood suites I stayed in had fresh greens, onions, tomatoes, peppers and cut/real fresh fruit available.
No shuttle. No wine/beer in evenings. Good workout room. Clean pool and hottub but "hot tub" was just lukewarm. Slow wireless. Didn’t use business center.
Bathroom- no place to set stuff. How about a counter or shelf under the sink area? Or shelves installed upper left and Right of the sink area? No place to set stuff in bathroom either (IF you had another guest in the room and wanted to shower/change in the bathroom.) Staff was ALL great. I did talk with somebody before checkout about complaints and they wouldn't do anything even though a large "guarantee 100% satisfaction" sign in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
southeast us
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Hotel was nice & clean. Check-in was quick and easy. Main problems were our room location and the pool was closed the entire stay (we had 2 very dissapointed little kids!). Our room was on the 2nd floor just above the main entrance--lots of noise from the parking lot.

Room Tip: rooms facing above lobby area are noisy from parking lot
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

The hotel looks clean and modern from the outside. The main entrance is not a pronounced as it is on newer Homewood Suites. We drove around the building once to make sure that we knew where the main entrance was located. In side, the hotel is clearly older but not suffering from disrepair. The hotel clerk was pleasant. We received an unexpected upgrade to a two-bedroom suite. The room was dated compared to other Homewood Suites I stayed at recently. The furniture was either cheap particle board or relics from the late 80's. The appliances were also dated but clean. The televisions were new LG 37 inch models. Overall, the room was clean and quiet. The pool area was clean but a little on the warm side.

The complimentary breakfast and dinner were horrible compared to any other complimentary breakfast or dinners I've received at similar hotels. First, the hostess clearly rode to work on a broom stick. Second, the food was what I would call prison-grade.

If I were staying in Columbus again, I would probably try another Hilton hotel. For my money, I think I could do better.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Mark M
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I checked into the Homewood Suites Dublin over a very busy weekend and was surprised at the personal attention I received from the hotel's staff. I requested a first floor handicap room, and the my request was followed through with ease. My grandchild even found the time to play on the hotel's on site basketball court and enjoy the indoor pool.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Our housekeeper did an excellent job! The breakfast offerings were perfect for our needs and (while we were not there when they offered dinner), the dinner selections look very appetizing.

The parking was free.. the internet was fast and free.. new flat screen TV's... This hotel is Dublin's best kept secret! We will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sunbury, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

Well not sure where to start - but my husband and I stayed there with our small dog from May 4th-June 25th. We had just moved from Rochester NY, and needed a place to stay while we looked for a house. Well this place was a perfect option! Would highly recommend this to anyone needing an in between home!

I could name all the amazing employees - but of course the best was Jenni - the GM. She, along with her employees, made our stay not just a hotel stay - but our home. From the freshly baked cookies - to the actually knowing my name at breakfast - to the same with dinner - to just everything. They even put food in our room at night if we could not make it back for dinner (we called of course!). To have wonderful ladies to clean the room for me - or take my dog outside if I couldn't - was beyond priceless!

Now who could ask for more than a pool, workout room, computer, washer and dryer, grill with patio, king sized bed, couch, tv with HBO, stove, full sized fridge, hot breakfast 7 days a week, hot dinner 4 nights a week - and Hilton Honors Points! I hope I don't have to move again but if I do - gonna do the same thing!

Thank you Homewood Suites Dublin!!!

Room Tip: Call and ask for a better rate!!
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hmesko
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

My company has used the Homewood Suites in Dublin, OH for almost six years to house employees who are in town for training. Depending on the particular training class, they stay for either one week or three weeks. The suite-style rooms at Homewood are perfect. They are practically furnished apartments! They even have a kitchen. Each morning a hot buffet breakfast is provided, and Monday-Thursday evening a hot meal buffet is provided as well. Try getting that at another hotel!

Hundreds of employees have stayed at Homewood over the years, and not one has ever had a compliant.

On top of beautiful suites, the hotel also has the BEST customer service. Trust me, I have dealt with just about every hotel in town, so I know! Their management and staff will do everything they can to exceed your expectations and ensure your needs are met.

The location also can't be beat. It is within walking distance of many, many great restaurants (fast food and sit-down) and Tuttle Crossing shopping mall. The interstate is close, but you are far enough away that you don't have an ugly view of the highway, or the highway noise.

Stay here!!!