“BEST Extended Stay EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
Sunbury, Ohio
“BEST Extended Stay EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

Well not sure where to start - but my husband and I stayed there with our small dog from May 4th-June 25th. We had just moved from Rochester NY, and needed a place to stay while we looked for a house. Well this place was a perfect option! Would highly recommend this to anyone needing an in between home!

I could name all the amazing employees - but of course the best was Jenni - the GM. She, along with her employees, made our stay not just a hotel stay - but our home. From the freshly baked cookies - to the actually knowing my name at breakfast - to the same with dinner - to just everything. They even put food in our room at night if we could not make it back for dinner (we called of course!). To have wonderful ladies to clean the room for me - or take my dog outside if I couldn't - was beyond priceless!

Now who could ask for more than a pool, workout room, computer, washer and dryer, grill with patio, king sized bed, couch, tv with HBO, stove, full sized fridge, hot breakfast 7 days a week, hot dinner 4 nights a week - and Hilton Honors Points! I hope I don't have to move again but if I do - gonna do the same thing!

Thank you Homewood Suites Dublin!!!

Room Tip: Call and ask for a better rate!!
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hmesko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

My company has used the Homewood Suites in Dublin, OH for almost six years to house employees who are in town for training. Depending on the particular training class, they stay for either one week or three weeks. The suite-style rooms at Homewood are perfect. They are practically furnished apartments! They even have a kitchen. Each morning a hot buffet breakfast is provided, and Monday-Thursday evening a hot meal buffet is provided as well. Try getting that at another hotel!

Hundreds of employees have stayed at Homewood over the years, and not one has ever had a compliant.

On top of beautiful suites, the hotel also has the BEST customer service. Trust me, I have dealt with just about every hotel in town, so I know! Their management and staff will do everything they can to exceed your expectations and ensure your needs are met.

The location also can't be beat. It is within walking distance of many, many great restaurants (fast food and sit-down) and Tuttle Crossing shopping mall. The interstate is close, but you are far enough away that you don't have an ugly view of the highway, or the highway noise.

Stay here!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sunshineTR
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel now for over a year and it has been the most pleasant I've had at any hotel. I am a constant business traveler and have stayed at a lot of hotels and would rate this hotel the best yet. The management is very attentive a makes sure my stay is the most comfortable and pleasant stay possible and they always succeed. The staff is tremendous and the meals they offer are on par with any fine restaurant. You have a winner here.

Anthony E. Jones

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

Arrived at this location and was quickly greeted by the front desk staff. The lobby is clean and tastefully decorated. Check in was quick and efficient.

I had reserved a suite room and arrived and entered. My initial impression was "great room." It had bright, cheery colors and textures and was well appointed. Further inspection revealed a clean, well maintained properly stocked room. It had a couch, which was clean and comfortable as well as a very nice chair. The television was standard definition with a very good selection of channels including HBO. I liked the layout of the room. The kitchenette was clean and had all necessary appliances. The full size refrigerator was clean and cold. The countertops were sparkling and the stove was spotless. The room also had a bar sitting area.

The desk/work area was large, the chair comfortable and a nice lamp provided excellent illumination. The high speed internet was adequate, DSL speeds according to my tests.

Inspection of the bed showed clean, crisp white sheets and a fragrant comforter that appeared to be freshly laundered. I loved the fact that the clock radio was actually programmed to the channel selection guide. I listen to the radio often and it always bugs me when the selectors are not properly programmed.

I slept well and heard no outside noise. The HVAC in the room was excellent. The HVAC is run through a duct system and the unit is in a closet. It never intruded on my sleep. One of the most important features in any hotel I stay is the quietness of the HVAC and this room definitely passed the test. The HVAC is controlled with a wall mounted thermostat.

The drawback…..The breakfast was subpar for this hotel chain. Having stayed in Hiltons for many years I know what to expect, this breakfast did not meet any of my expectations. Many of the hot food selections were warm and not hot. Poor selection of potatoes, in fact they were tater tots. All other aspects of this hotel met or exceeded my expectations but the breakfast fell short. The really need to improve in this area.

Thursday night in January, 2011 cost, with tax $138.93, competitive for this area of Columbus, Ohio. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend, just be prepared for a disappointing breakfast experience. This hotel sits back from the main road and is close to many good shopping and restaurant choices.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

It's an OK place to stay at, but the bed is pretty much shoehorned in with very little room between bed and TV/dresser. Breakfast was a major disappointment - food was lukewarm, been sitting around for a couple of hours, and tasted bleh. OJ was watered down, and the hostess started taking stuff in at 8:55, even though there were still people trying to get their breakfast assembled. Not at the level of other Homewood Suites properties I've stayed at. Pool was nice. Front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank TheTravelingProf
x
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

This hotel gives you breakfast and dinner. Its nice if you are traveling alone and don't want to go out. The food for breakfast and dinner are not the best, but the fact that the offer it free of charge saves you money on eating out. Plus my discounted rate booking through Resorts Plus....I saved a lot of money on this trip.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank danboy62
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

The hotel, the staff and the food was really good. We were here to find an apartment in Dublin for my husband to work and we had to stay in this hotel for a week. The food was, I should say really good, We being vegans, could tell them the food preference and believe me we were getting free breakfast and dinner here, that too the menu would contain vegan options too. The stay was great, the staff were really helping and good, We lost our keys and they replaced it soon. There is an indoor swimming pool and fitness center and this place is near the Tuttle mall in Dublin so you will have a decent shopping experience too. dont forget to eat the cookies kept in reception during evenings..they are fresh made and taste great..I stayed there for a week at the hotel during morning hours too, and it was cool, never boring

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple