“Good, clean, comfortable, inexpensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Columbus Dublin

La Quinta Inn Columbus Dublin
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good, clean, comfortable, inexpensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff is courteous and helpful.
Check-in/out was quick and efficient.
The room was clean and ready, though I did find the window unlocked. My room was on the third floor so this was not a real problem. Just noted so those who stay on first floor remember to check.
The bed was comfortable and had enough blankets to keep one warm.
I opted for the green initiative which meant my sheets were only washed every third day.
The wireless worked great though it is an open network so be careful if using for personal banking, credit card, shopping, etc., basically anything which requires you to enter personal info. Use https or VPN to furthest extent possible.
Very convenient location!! Across the street from the mall, restaurants aplenty within walking distance (Romano's, Longhorn, two Asian cuisine restaurants, Bob Evans, fast food, BJ's brewhouse and restaurant) and shopping sans mall within a mile. This is one of the best locations for a business trip in Ohio.
Construction - not the hotel's fault by any measure - had Emerald Pkwy tore up but local police directed traffic at peak hours which kept people moving very well.
Dublin is a very nice suburb of greater Columbus and a stone's throw from OSU main campus.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is on business. If you want a pool or gym then their are more expensive hotels in this same neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at La Quinta on a business trip for one night. Ended up with two doubles and no fridge. The sheets on one of the beds had several slits and holes in them, so I just used the other bed. TV, flatscreen, with an onscreen guide was very nice.

Breakfast was a huge disappointment. The waffles were bad, the coffee was bad.

The location was great, but the walk across Tuttle Crossing was treacherous with a malfunctioning pedestrian signal.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

the front desk staff continue to provide excellant service. Any small problem was handled immediately.
My staty was two nights, away for one night and back for two rooms ( my Daughter ) for two nights. I had requested a ground floor room initially but that did not work out too well. The room #103 had a sewer odor that staff tried to deal with by spraying and that helped a little bit. We opted for the third floor o the second stay. Staff were most co-operative in switching my room to accommodate my need for a fridge for my insulin.
I will still come back to this hotel because of the effort made by the staff to make us feel important. I expect to be back next week or earlier as our son who lives in Dublin is dying and we have to make some return visits. Austin Beal

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed here and it is always a good stay,.

I feel that the price is reasonable, the rooms are clean and comfortable and being next to P.F. Chang is a plus too.

Only one complaint: I arrived on a Saturday evening and noticed broken glass in two places in the parking lot. It appears that a couple of cars were broken into over the night before but the broken glass was never cleaned up until Sunday morning. I am not too concerned about the break-ins. That can happen anywhere and it was probably a random smash and grab.
But it is still unnerving to see that broken glass when you first arrive.

Other than that, I will return again. This place is worth the stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel was perfect for my husband and I to spend our anniversary away from home for 1 night. My first choice was not this hotel simply because I wanted to go to a hotel we had not been before. The plans fell through on the other and we just pulled up at this one. Jay was so helpful with us not having a reservation and he pointed us to a very romantic resturant. I am pleased with the hotel and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Room was good, clean and staff was courteous and helpful. Great restaurants in the area. TV was good. Nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com