“THE PERFECT WEEKEND”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hilton Management Team, I am the father of the bride. Baria/Mazza wedding party that stayed at this hotel from 4/24 to 4/27. I had been tracking the progress of the hotel renovation from last fall and was really surprised when Feb/March rolled around and things were not close to completion for our April Wedding Date. Your staff assured me things would be ready and I had my doubts. But SOMEHOW your staff made it happen. Tom, Keisha, Rick were outstanding to work with during this difficult process and in the last week your staff did what ever it took to make our stay fantastic. We had approximately 70-75 guest that used the hotel and I was hopeful things would get completed but, doubtful. Tom took charge and made it happen. I saw him doing things I wish my employees would do to take charge. Anything from greeting guest to installing TV's to cooking late night appetizers and pizza's. GREAT JOB TOM!!! Rick and Keisha were also incredible to make things go seamless for this many guests. And I could go without mentioning Gretchen who worked during the morning hours for us with breakfast for around 70 guests or so. Even during frustrating times for me leading up to the wedding weekend, your staff assured me that things would be done. Permits are out of our control when it comes to building but even the General Contractor manager who was on sight was helping get things DONE. I can't thank your staff enough for making the hotel accommodations for our guests a great experience. They all came away with rave reviews of your property. Many thanks to Tom, Rick, Keisha and Gretchen. We will certainly recommend your facility to others who are looking for the same type of facility. Please feel free to use me as a recommendation for you hotel and your staff anytime. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SHARE THIS WITH UPPER MANAGEMENT FROM HILTON AND ALSO WITH THE STAFF AT THE GARDEN INN DUBLIN!!!!! Best Regards Mike Baria "Father of the Bride" THANKS FOR THE PERFECT WEEKEND!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kecia M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Mr Baria,

Wow, thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at our property! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and we were able to make the experience one to remember! On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Dublin, we want to thank your group for being such a pleasure to have in house, and welcome you all to return again! If there is anything I can ever assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach me by calling 614-766-9900 ext. 131.

Have an Amazing Day!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I read all the reviews and must admit that I was pretty skeptical about staying here but we were pleasantly surprised! The hotel was beautiful and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The beds were super comfortable. The only drawback was the doors were very thin and you could hear the conversations as people walked through the halls. Would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the experience you had at our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the staff were so helpful to you! If there is any way I can assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel by calling 614-766-9900 and dialing ext 131.

Thanks & Have a Great Day!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Two friends and I used the hotel as a 'home base' for doing some theme park visits + the zoo. All in all, our room was comfortable, although the walls seemed painfully thin (or maybe it was due to having a door for an 'adjoining room')? I heard the entire conference call of the person next door - he had a big/low voice, but I understood every word. That's a problem.

My standards for comfort are quite low - I have been content staying at a one star Econo Lodge - so this review is based on what I would expect from a Hilton property.

If you're expecting a completed hotel, I would highly recommend not booking a room here until mid-June 2014. They're going through some lengthy renovations which are semi-disruptive. There were guys working bandsaws outside our window in the morning. The lobby area is being expanded / ripped out. Keys to rooms won't open the side/back doors, or the fitness/pool area - you have to go talk to the front desk for access. It was an inconvenience.

For those who enjoy amenities, the pool was so cloudy you could barely see the bottom, the hot tub jets seem to be plugged/broken and were spraying water upwards/everywhere instead of into the tub. The fitness room looked adequate, albeit a little small.

The room itself was updated, clean, and very comfortable. Once this property is done with its growing pains, it will shine like the rest in the Hilton brand. Just give it some time (or downgrade your expectations) if you want to book here.

Room Tip: -Hotel undergoing fairly major renovations; wouldn't book until mid-June unless you're getti...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Iancaric,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our property! It is no secret we are undergoing a multi-million dollar upgrade to better the facilities for our valued guests such as yourself. We have completed the renovation of all guest rooms, pool, and fitness center; the lobby will be completed May 25th, and will feature a full service bar! We hope to see you back at the property soon!

Have a Great Day!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Dublin, Ohio Hilton Garden Inn is "Re-growing" this spring. Our Mid-April arrival was greeted, by some freshly plastered, some freshly painted walls; some freshly carpeted, some soon to be carpeted halls; and a parking lot half filled with construction materials and equipment. The room was recently redone and in good shape. The construction noise from outside was minimal. There was an odd intermittent clicking/tapping (neither from water, animal, nor ventilation) from the interior wall between the bathroom and sleeping area. The breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin B

Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are pleased you have noticed the changes we are working so hard to complete for our guests here at the hotel. Although we are on the brink of being finished, we value any feedback from our guests that can make the transition easier and more accommodating. If there is any way I can assist you in your future travels, please do get in touch by calling the hotel and asking for extension 131.

Thanks & Have a Wonderful Day!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Bottom line: DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The staff is unhelpful and the hotel is chaos. Construction everywhere and no thought of those who are staying there. Absolutely the worst hotel we have ever stayed in; 15 countries and 37 states!!! I would camp at a KOA if this was the only other option!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shawn B
Kecia M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Shawn B,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive to communicate effectively at the hotel and online through various booking tools to let our guests know we are going through a major upgrade, and are sorry you were not aware of the exciting changes occuring here at the hotel! We have a completion date of May 25th, and hope you will return to the hotel to give us the chance to change your mind.

Have a Great Day!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Even though the hotel was undergoing renovation, the disturbances were kept to a minimum. The staff was friendly and the rooms were CLEAN! It is close to restaurants, even some within walking distance. There is even a nice pond across the road to take a walk by.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Kecia M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Kim,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad all of the upgrading didn't interfere with your experience. If there is anything I can ever assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me at 614-766-9900 ext. 131.

Have an Amazing Week!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel is going through some renovation, but the staff is beyond amazing making up for any inconvenience from the renovation. Understanding they are simply trying to create a better facility for us guests, I cannot be rude and complain about the efforts they are making to make the property more suitable, but will be happy when its completed. The Director of Sales here is awesome, and is in the lobby most mornings with a smile on her face, great job to this hotel and staff!

Room Tip: Stayed on 4th floor -- new rooms, really nice!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kecia M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Justo,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the quality of service you receive here at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, and for understanding the upgrades we are trying to put in place for our valued guests like you! Refurbishments can be tough on our guests and staff, so I would like to personally thank you for providing some encouraging words and uplift regarding the efforts/service of our staff. If there is ever anything I can assist with, please dial the hotel and ask for extension 131.

Thanks & Have A Wonderful Week!