“Overall, very nice”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Ohio
“Overall, very nice”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I recently spent one night at this hotel for a conference. The facilities are very nice. The first impression when walking in and seeing the atrium is a good one. I believe that all rooms are suites. A nice touch is the complimentary nightly Manager's reception with drinks and snacks held in the atrium. There is also a wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet served each morning, which includes a made to order omelet station.

I had a king suite. There is a sitting area with a sofa, chair, table/desk, and flat screen TV as you enter. There is also a small area that has a sink, small microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker. A separate bedroom has the bed, desk, and second TV. The room was very clean with one exception: the tub/shower. The tub showed noticeable wear on the floor. I also found mold on the shower surround and an area of pink on the soap holder that will soon be black to match the other areas. To me, this indicates poor cleaning on the part of the housekeeping staff. If these areas were cleaned properly every day (as they should be), the mold would not have a chance to grow. When you have a property as nice as this one is, it is unexcusable to have worn or unclean areas in the bathroom. The other service I was unhappy with is the WIFI. There is a daily charge to use it in your room. You can take your device (laptop, ipad, etc.) to the atrium and receive free WiFi supposedly but I was not able to access it. Internet is available all over this property - why be so petty to charge a daily fee for it?

There is also a pool and fitness center but I did not use either of these services.

I would not hesitate to return to this property and would recommend it to others. Just beware of the two issues I mentioned above.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank OhioTigger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff very attentive and breakfast and cocktail hour a definite plus. Very pleased with room and amenities. Nice to see the 2 bottles of water for being a Hilton member without having to ask!!
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have been staying at this particular hotel on our trips to Columbus for the past three years and have been consistently pleased. The staff, which stays very much the same each time, is exceptionally friendly, courteous, and helpful. From special accommodations for our special needs son to early check-ins and late check-outs, we couldn't ask for better service. The nightly manager's reception is always well stocked and the bartenders are incredible. Michael never ceases to amaze us by remembering everyone's drink orders right down to ice in my orange juice and extra cherries in the Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers the children order. The breakfasts are also outstanding, particularly the omelette station and chef. Our most recent stay was a little bittersweet, as we are moving to the West Coast and will not have a return visit for a while, but we loved having one more stay and saying goodbye to some of the long-term staff members. Any room we have booked has been very clean, the value is fantastic, and even at capacity evenings at the hotel have been pleasant stays. I encourage anyone who has the chance to bring the family here for their New Year's Eve celebration. It is rare to find a place that can make it enjoyable for both adults and children without boring or annoying either group.

Room Tip: We always prefer corners and high floors. Asking for something closer to the elevators is also a p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melichard
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

First time staying at Embassy Suites. Wonderful hotel, kids enjoyed it. Pool was a little on the small size (according to my kids), but we loved the King Suite. Breakfast was wonderful and managers reception was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Germantown, OH
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the State High School Golf Tournament. What a great place!!! Our team, parents and coach had rooms nearby. Wonderful rooms, comfy beds. Great breakfast, wonderful spot to gather. Staff was very attentive. Plan to stay on next trip to State! Evening guest reception very nicely done!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2012

While staying for a convention I experienced nothing short of excellent service. My suite was spotless for my 3 night stay and anything I needed was provided with a smile. The most courteous staff, everyone greeted me with a smile and asked how I was doing, not just a courtesy question, really looking at me and waiting for a response. One night we didn't decide to eat until rather late and ordered food delivered. The staff offered to gather up our dishes in the common area and were just so delightful. After I arrived home there was a rather large unexplained charge on my credit card, and with one phone call, and a very pleasant, attentive Embassy representative explained the glitch and made the necessary adjustments.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor and it was beautiful and quiet :)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank carolynjb330
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were at Embassy Suites for pre and post wedding shin digs. I have always liked Embassy suites, they are ranked on my top hotels because of service, cleanliness, and budget. This embassy suites was very busy this particular wedding....so I understand no early check-ins etc. But the staff was not friendly about it. We had a shuttle set up to the venue and called to see if we could leave a few minutes early. Instead of apologizing for the inconvenience we got a very shot, brisk "shuttle times can't be changed, ok? bye." I get it, they can't be changed that's completely acceptable but maybe be a little nicer about it? Also, my #1 pet peeve when it comes to customer service...when I walk in and say hi to you and you just look at me behind the desk and not say anything back, that really gets my goat. It's not hard to say hi. The shuttle bus driver was great! He sang for us so kudos on that :) On the room: Everything was clean and in order, housekeeping was plentiful if we needed anything. I love the room size it left enough for our hairdresser and make up artist as well as the videographer to all work comfortably at the same time. I will continue to stay with Embassy Suites but this one needs some front desk customer service training.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank annageez
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance
Becky Miller