“One of our favourite Embassy locations”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have been staying at this particular hotel on our trips to Columbus for the past three years and have been consistently pleased. The staff, which stays very much the same each time, is exceptionally friendly, courteous, and helpful. From special accommodations for our special needs son to early check-ins and late check-outs, we couldn't ask for better service. The nightly manager's reception is always well stocked and the bartenders are incredible. Michael never ceases to amaze us by remembering everyone's drink orders right down to ice in my orange juice and extra cherries in the Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers the children order. The breakfasts are also outstanding, particularly the omelette station and chef. Our most recent stay was a little bittersweet, as we are moving to the West Coast and will not have a return visit for a while, but we loved having one more stay and saying goodbye to some of the long-term staff members. Any room we have booked has been very clean, the value is fantastic, and even at capacity evenings at the hotel have been pleasant stays. I encourage anyone who has the chance to bring the family here for their New Year's Eve celebration. It is rare to find a place that can make it enjoyable for both adults and children without boring or annoying either group.

Room Tip: We always prefer corners and high floors. Asking for something closer to the elevators is also a p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melichard
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin

Reviewed October 22, 2012

First time staying at Embassy Suites. Wonderful hotel, kids enjoyed it. Pool was a little on the small size (according to my kids), but we loved the King Suite. Breakfast was wonderful and managers reception was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the State High School Golf Tournament. What a great place!!! Our team, parents and coach had rooms nearby. Wonderful rooms, comfy beds. Great breakfast, wonderful spot to gather. Staff was very attentive. Plan to stay on next trip to State! Evening guest reception very nicely done!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

While staying for a convention I experienced nothing short of excellent service. My suite was spotless for my 3 night stay and anything I needed was provided with a smile. The most courteous staff, everyone greeted me with a smile and asked how I was doing, not just a courtesy question, really looking at me and waiting for a response. One night we didn't decide to eat until rather late and ordered food delivered. The staff offered to gather up our dishes in the common area and were just so delightful. After I arrived home there was a rather large unexplained charge on my credit card, and with one phone call, and a very pleasant, attentive Embassy representative explained the glitch and made the necessary adjustments.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor and it was beautiful and quiet :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carolynjb330
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were at Embassy Suites for pre and post wedding shin digs. I have always liked Embassy suites, they are ranked on my top hotels because of service, cleanliness, and budget. This embassy suites was very busy this particular wedding....so I understand no early check-ins etc. But the staff was not friendly about it. We had a shuttle set up to the venue and called to see if we could leave a few minutes early. Instead of apologizing for the inconvenience we got a very shot, brisk "shuttle times can't be changed, ok? bye." I get it, they can't be changed that's completely acceptable but maybe be a little nicer about it? Also, my #1 pet peeve when it comes to customer service...when I walk in and say hi to you and you just look at me behind the desk and not say anything back, that really gets my goat. It's not hard to say hi. The shuttle bus driver was great! He sang for us so kudos on that :) On the room: Everything was clean and in order, housekeeping was plentiful if we needed anything. I love the room size it left enough for our hairdresser and make up artist as well as the videographer to all work comfortably at the same time. I will continue to stay with Embassy Suites but this one needs some front desk customer service training.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank annageez
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance
Becky Miller

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a wedding this weekend at the Embassy Suites Dublin. Overall an excellent experience. Because of the large number of events - 1 wedding at embassy, 2 weddings with Guest at Hotel, Soccer and a HS Education event, it was very busy.
We arrived 2:30 and could not check in until 3:00 and another couple who arrived prior to us didn't get to check in unti 4:30 (after the ceremony). With the overflow crowd they could have used more cleaning staff.
After the wedding, we enjoyed the Managers Party and each of us had several drinks. Surprisingly they even made my wife and friend a Long Island Ice Tea. The snacks with chips, check mix, salsa and tortilla chips and all was very good.
We had a cocktail party prior to dinner and some of the food - meat balls and a bacon wrapped fish were very good.
We didn't eat at the restaurant per se, but the food was catered for the wedding from it. It was outstanding, with 3 type of salads, green mixed, mushroom shrimp and tomato mozzarelli, they had fresh steamed green beans, potatoes, chicken and fish and prime rib.

The breakfast in the morning was very plentiful with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, Ham, fruit, custom omlets etc.

We had a room with king size and separate living room. The bathroom wasn't large but standard size. There were 2 large digital TV's one in living room and one in Bedroom. Bed was comfortable but it seemed room was stuffy and couldn't get the temp below 68.

We were on 2nd floor and was convenient for us since we had carry on. Our view was blocked somewhat from the atrium but if we walked out toward the rail, it was neat layout.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days attending a healthcare conference being held at the hotel. My 2 room suite was great. It is so nice to have a living area with a sofa/chair/desk and TV instead of having to feel like I am stuck in a bedroom my whole stay. I actually didn't mind being in my room for a change. The front desk was most helpful when I received a cumbersome display booth by Fedex. I was staying on the fifth floor and they gladly wheeled it up to my room and also offered to deliver to the conference area the following day. I ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was good and my server was very nice. I would definitely stay at Embassy Suites again. The price was good as well.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business