“Nice hotel but no control over guests' children”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel but no control over guests' children”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel itself was nice but the humidity in the room was high and the bathroom needed updating. The breakfast quality was great as the selection was wonderful and the coffee was good too! The beds were very comfortable and the suite arrangement was very nice. The problem was the guests playing in the soccer tournament and the kids were totally out of control: running around the floors and playing elevator tag and pushing other guests out of the elevator. The biggest complaint was lack of chaperones or parents supervising. We called the front desk several times and they told us they even called in extra help but to no avail. If I were this hotel, I would not allow these groups to return. We were at this hotel over Labor Day weekend and were attending a wedding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank emprilutski
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very improtant to us and we appreciated your feedback about the noisy neighboring guests. This was a great learning experience for us and a valid opportunity to reassess our policies and procedures for the comfort and safety of our guests. I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is bnot a problem in the future. We hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Becky MIller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Caldwell, Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a good stay at this hotel but not as good as previous times. The people at the front desk was very friendly as always. The free drinks were good and the bartenders friendly. Breakfast was very good. We also stayed Labor Day weekend after the Buckeyes ball game. There were a lot of kids running around with no parents which is frustrating to me as a parent. I do think the hotel needs to tell these groups that they need to keep control of these kids and there should be a time to get quiet and charge them extra if calls are made by other guest or if other complaints are made against their group. Playing elevator tag is very annoying to us trying to get to our room and not being able to enjoy the pool or hot tub because of the amount of kids and no parents.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I'm so happy to hear you had a good stay with us. I undersstand that the noise level from other guests was a concern. While we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we certainly do encourage , for guests comfort and security, that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

After spending a week at a horrid hotel in Kentucky I am pleased to say I slept like a baby in this hotel. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. I had a chance to eat breakfast and boy was that omlette good. Just an over night stay makes me want to visit this hotel again. Glad I picked this one!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
Grand Rapids
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Clean and impressive lobby.
Front desk service friendly, prompt and attentive!
Manager's reception- great bartender and drink availability-anyone who offers Yuengling is great!! Basic selection of snacks at reception.
Breakfast was well-stocked and you gotta love the made-to-order eggs!
Nice-sized pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed this past Labor day weekend, a nice getaway for my husband & I. I always love Embassy Suites and think its a nice place. However this past weekend, had I known their were so many KIDS there, I would have stayed elsewhere. When we were checking in a young man on the 4th floor walked down the hallway screaming. I should have seen that as a warning. Friday night was so noisy from kids running the hallways, yelling, screaming, going from floor to floor thru the elevators or stairwells. We ended up calling twice with a complaint it was so loud. I get the atrium "Carries" noise but this was from kids running all night in the hallways. I saw LOTS of parents hanging out in the atrium drinking and laughing. I could not believe these parents would let their kids run wild like that. Many of the kids were still making noise after 11 that night. Saturday night was just as bad, if not worse. Even had kids hit our (and others) doors about 9:30 while running the halls at night and again, called to complain. I thought there was a policy that kids 13 and under need an adult with them at all times? They were obviously young kids, from 9-14 at my best guess. I think they understaff the hotel and should, on weekends with lots of kids, overstaff and have some staff strictly monitor the halls/floors. Sadly because the parents dont seem to care what their kids are doing...obviously. I plan on staying elsewhere when we do come to Dublin from now on. It was unbelieveable. ALWAYS have loved the hotel chain, but this experience turned me off. I have 3 grandkids and cannot ever imagine letting them run wild and not know what they are doing at all times. I blame the parents mostly but feel the E.S. chain should have security staff always watching and monitoring.

Room Tip: make sure no kid events going on locally when you go.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We appreciate your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests-including areas for improvement. I understand that the noise was as issue during your stay. We do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods but we appreciate that you alerted us about this problem. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
Becky Miller
West Virginia
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Embassy Suites is our favorite hotel chain when we travel as a family and this one didn't disappoint. Clean room, comfortable bed. Extra towels and pillows I ordered with the reservation were waiting in the room. Sofa bed was comfortable for our adult daughter. I appreciated the makeup mirror in the bathroom. Large breakfast area and plenty of food choices for breakfast. Pool table and Starbucks in the atrium. Friendly and efficient front desk staff. As with any Embassy Suites - ask for a room on the upper floors to avoid the atrium noise. i was impressed that there were three elevators and they were fast!

Pool and hot tub are small. I had hoped to sit in the hot tub late in the evening to ease sore muscles, but it was too crowded with couples. Exercise room is very well equipped. The hotel's meeting rooms were busy and there were a lot of people milling about on the first floor, but it didn't affect our stay. We don't travel to the Columbus area much, but we will definitely keep this hotel in mind for future stays.

Room Tip: As with all Embassy Suites, ask for a room on the upper floors to avoid the atrium noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recently held my family reunion there in July and from the sales manager to the banquet servers the service was excellent. My Family reunion is in it's 54th year and this is the first hotel to meet every need we have had with a smile and no problem. From those in their 80's to the 20's everyone talked about how much they enjoyed the hotel. The pool access was great for those who did not want to swim with the kids. NOTHING BUT EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I had people on six different floors and no one had any compliants.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family