“Nice stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the Dublin Irish Festival for the weekend. My 2 main concerns with hotels are if they are clean and quiet. I don't spend a lot of time while traveling in the hotel so the ammenities are not important to me. I don't swim in the pools or workout in the gyms. I look for clean surroundings and quiet uninterrupted sleep. This hotel offered both to us. The 2 room suite offered us a bedroom away from noisy hallway and the shower and bathroom were clean. The breakfast buffet was the best I have seen for a free continental breakfast. There was a long line though but we got there late because we had been up late the night before. I am not sure if it was as busy earlier in the morning.

Check-in was easy and the young girl that checked us in helped by getting us a bottle opener because I forgot one. At first she brought us a wine bottle opener because I had not specified I needed a beer bottle opener. She brought us a correct one a few minutes later. I was impressed with how quick she was. The opener she brought us though broke while we were trying to open our first Guinness. It was pretty cheap but we bought one at the fest so it all worked out. If you are going to be there for the Irish Fest, it is close to the shuttle so that you can walk to the shuttle pick up and drop off and you wont have to worry about drinking and driving.

We plan on staying here again for the Irish Festival. It is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor so we didn't have a noisy ceiling.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I took my mom here for a night when power in our town was out due to a storm this summer. Checkin was smooth. Room was a comfortable suite. The managers cocktail hour with free drinks and light snacks was wonderful - and lasts for two hours. The free breakfast rivaled breakfast bars that you'd pay quite a bit for - there were eggs/bacon/pancakes etc but also omelets made to order and even traditional Chinese breakfast items.

I like the courtyard layout, and the main ground floor area had comfy places to sit, a pool table, and everything was clean and well kept.

The only negative here is the pool. It is a tiny indoor pool with little room to sit around it and the high humidity makes that unpleasant anyway. The water was also, IMO, too warm.

Otherwise, thumbs up.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had such a wonderful and positive experience at our stay here in Dublin at the Embassy Suites. The Atrium provided a "gathering" place while we had our down time. The hotel was close to so many attractions and within walking distance to restaurants and downtown Dublin. The Ohio State Fair was only about a 15 minute drive. The hotel was clean and the rooms were perfect. The Manager's Reception in the evening and the "Made to Order" breakfast every morning were an added bonus especially for the price. We had our family reunion here and had over 70 people in the Conference Rooms and everyone loved it. Our contact with Group Sales and the Hosptality Dept. were exceptional. I would not hesitate to recommend this to any group, family or individuals.

Room Tip: The corner suite was very large and provided us ample space to provide a "mini" gathering...
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Lots of families here. Not sure if all Embassy Suites have a giant courtyard like this one, but it created a lot of echo and noise. The room was clean, but the A/C was turned to the lowest possible number. Took a long time to return to normal.

Stayed here for business and it met my needs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel years ago and loved it so we decided to stay there for our anniversary. We went out for dinner and spent time with our daughter and her family. We got back to the hotel late and by the time we got in bed it was after midnight. The comforter on the bed smelled sour, like someone had been sick and it really was too late to ask for a different room, I remember thinking this is not the Embassy Suites I remembered....the bathroom had a plastic trash bag from the previous guest under the sink, This morning I reported this to the front desk before breakfast. I received a hand written apology and two free coupons for “their" Starbucks in the lobby. This was nice but we were checking out at this time and Starbucks was closed. Breakfast was a zoo, the line for the omelet station was very long, the food was mediocre, no pastry (one donut was left), we were there at 9:00 AM .....The food needed to be refilled. I had a better breakfast at other hotels. Like I said this was not the Embassy Suites I remembered.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of the linens was an area of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. I would also like for you to know that we will use your comments about our complimentary breakfast to improve the overall quality of the amenity. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Becky Miller

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Beautiful Hotel- Very much like all the other Embassy Hotels. We had a corner (larger room)- Wonderful beds, the best pillow and a FABulous shower- to me those 3 facets can make or break an overnight! The downtown area of Dublin is gorgeous, quaint and full of nightlife!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We spent 3 nights in this Embassy Suites and it was such a wonderful experience!! Our room was clean, plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 kids. Breakfast bar was excellent with made to order omelets, loved the little Starbuck's in the atrium. Manager's reception was a great way to unwind after spending all day down in Columbus at a travel softball tournament. I do wish they would have offered different snack choices - it was the same thing every night food wise. Pool is small for a facility that size. Absolutely loved the free laundry room!! Was so great leaving with all our clothing clean to go home with. No complaints about the staff - were very attentive and responded quickly whenever we needed something. Wonderful choices of eating establishments close by the hotel, fabulous Kroger grocery store nearby. There were 5 other traveling softball teams there along with ours and it was packed with kids - but I honestly wasn't bothered by any noise at night and we had a room right by the elevator on the 8th floor. Price wise it is more than we usually pay but for us it was well worth it. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room on the 8th floor!! It was very quiet and none of the atrium noise made it...
1  Thank jms7290