“What A Great Hotel!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a great hotel for business trips, but works great for family too. The rooms are great, and big. Two large flatscreen TV's one in the living are and one in the bedroom. The bathroom is also big and very clean. The breakfast is wonderful, with a large selection of items. But the only thing about the hotel that I think they should change is more front desk help, the front desk workers are always on the phone. They really need some more help, to help with customer upkeep. We had a wonderful time, and will be back!

1  Thank IJP212937

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Firat stay at this hotel with 2 adults and 5 children. Room was clean and well furnished. We liked that the living room had a tv as well as the bedroom so the kids could watch what they wanted. Tvs were nice size 32". The free breakfast is awesome very good the cooked to order omlets were great! Staff was friendly. The only thing that I didnt like was the parking was a little far from the entrance (probably about 200yards) if you didnt get a front row spot but no big deal. We loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Diesellovinguy
Reviewed July 13, 2012

THis hotel is exactly what you expect from Embassy. The rooms were clean, large and comfortable. The lobby was nice and a great breakfast experience as always. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel and this chain as a whole.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charlie3446
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Well, I haven't even been to the hotel and I'm already frustrated. We made a reservation for four nights a few weeks ago, but learned yesterday that our stay would require only three nights (and a later arrival). I called this afternoon only to learn that I would have to pay for the first night regardless since I didn't cancel 72 hours in advance. Be sure to read the FINE PRINT in your email confirmation. I have spoken with two hotel workers over the phone and they refuse to budge. Times must be rough in Dublin!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DBA-RAYS
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry the cnacellation/modification policy did not meet your needs. I will be in contact with you privately to discuss further. We try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We will do everything possible to get this situation resolved.
Becky Miller

Reviewed July 7, 2012

June 30th our daughter's wedding reception was held at the Embassy Suites Hotel Dublin, Ohio. Being from a small community three hours away we were nervous about how we would be taken care of. To make matters worse a storm came in Friday as we were leaving for the church rehearsal. The power went out and our experience began. The entire time we felt treated like family. The staff took care that my daughter's day was fabulous. The food had to be cooked at other hotels. The hotel was only running on generator power. Everyone was cheerful and attentive. Despite even flooded basements in their own home. Their dedication is an inspiration to the industry. In fact they did such a great job that I have received comments like "It was the best reception we ever attended" and the "food was top restaurant quality" The power did not come on until early Sunday morning but we feel so blessed! My family and friends will be ever grateful for all the wonderful people who made us feel like royalty.

1  Thank Angie H
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were in town for a wedding this past weekend, and the bride and groom reserved a large block of rooms for out of town guests.

We were able to check in early on Saturday around noon. Check in was quick and painless, even though the desks were swamped with people checking out at the same time. Desk attendants were efficient and friendly. The room was spacious, clean and adequate. I saw no stray hairs in the bathroom, beds were checked for bugs and hair upon arrival (none), the room offered 2 beds in the bedroom and a pull out couch, a microwave and mini-fridge, and extra sink/wet bar. The bathroom only offered 3 bath towels though. One more would have been welcomed. Beware the water bottles!!!! We have stayed at Hiltons before where the bottles of water were complimentary, but at the ES, they were $3.50 (charge to be added later on your final bill). My husband found the beds very comfortable, I thought they were too soft and not supportive, but I slept fine. The pull out couch was old and left a lot to be desired. The matress stunk, and when it was folded up it was uncomfortable to sit on. There were no extra pillows in the drawers or closet for the pull out. The extra blanket in the closest was very old and felt very scratchy.

There were multiple weddings staying on-site for the night, and I think at least two receptions were being held at the hotel instelf. Saturday evening, a normal guest wasn't able to enjoy the atrium because it was booked as a part of a wedding reception. Other conferences rooms/spaces were being used as well, which is fine, but just be aware this is a popular wedding party venue.

The wedding we were there for was off-site, but the ES provided a shuttle to and from the reception, which was nice. Beware the third row of seats! The shuttle van is older, and the third row bench seat was NOT fastened to the floor! Very dangerous because it moved every time the driver made a turn. The drivers were very nice and courteous though.

We called guest services for a luggage cart on Sunday morning, and it was at our door on the 8th floor within 5 minutes. The complimentary breakfast was ok, it served its purpose. The bacon was a bit soggy, but everyone loved the potatoes. They were running out of food fast though. With many guests from associated weddings staying, and a lacrosse tourny nearby (teams of teenage boys staying there as well), the food was disappearing fast. I had the misfortune of going through the hot food line behind a lacrosse team. I had to wait for the attendants to refill everything. It seems there was always a line for the juice machine. I think it would be beneficial to have two juice machines, one at a different location in the restaurant. We did notice there wasn't much in the way of breakfast breads being offered. White bread and simple donuts, and that's it. We saw the donuts run out and never got refilled in the span of about 20 minutes (lacrosse team strikes again!). Hot food included bacon, ham, eggs, pancakes, and potatoes, plus the omlette bar. My husband enjoyed the omlette bar very much. Feta cheese in an omlette = win!

Overall it was a good stay, and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators for ensured quiet.
1  Thank IrishLake
Reviewed June 1, 2012

we were here for 2 weeks and was very happy with the hotel, staff and service.

check-in was fast and efficient and the rooms are big and comfortable and while i was working my husband was touring Ohio

Plus:
Managers reception every night - enjoyed this very much
Lots of nearby restaurants (within walking distance)
Breakfast was good - avoid the buffet eggs but they make eggs to order so do that!
Taxi service. front desk will give you a business card for a preferred taxi service and they have a deal with the hotel so i was charged only $5 each way for a trip to the mall (didnt know about this-taxi driver told me)
Room service was fast, yummy and servings huge
Nearby massage place called Massage Envy - fantastic massuse!

Cons:
cant think of any - a good, safe, clean, comfortable business trip that my husband also got to enjoy

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Denali68
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for the great review. I hope that other travelers will find this review helpful. We always enjoy having extended stay guests. I feel The Embassy Suites Dublin is very suited to this type of guest with our two room suites, refrigerators, microwaves and kitchen area. It allow guests staying with us a longer period of time to have some of the comforts of home.
Becky Miller